Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

33 minutes ago, laffite said:

Gee, I wish you had included Sylvia Barrett. But ... alas ..

Well, I guess that's your answer. (I was trying to stay within a movie theme.).  But sure, Barrett probably would be a better teacher.

Your turn, laffite...

10 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Well, I guess that's your answer. (I was trying to stay within a movie theme.).  But sure, Barrett probably would be a better teacher.

Your turn, laffite...

Sylvia Barrett is in a movie ... but not your theme perhaps?

Anyway, I decline. Someone else might get it. But thanks.

//

7 minutes ago, laffite said:

Sylvia Barrett is in a movie ... but not your theme perhaps?

Anyway, I decline. Someone else might get it. But thanks.

//

I was just going with actors who had really been teachers before going into films.  Please,  go ahead and pose another scenario. Really, it's just a silly game. 

9 minutes ago, Peebs said:

I was just going with actors who had really been teachers before going into films.  Please,  go ahead and pose another scenario. Really, it's just a silly game. 

The theme is over my head, so I don't want to disrupt your question. I know, it's only a game. But let's see if someone can handle it who DOES know what's going on ... please.

Let's give it 24 hours, if no answer by then, then I'll take a turn.

To repeat your offering :

More likely to be your favorite teacher:  former English teacher Sting or former drama teacher Jon Hamm?

Next:  

Which fictional teacher is more likely to be your favorite teacher:

Sylvia Barrett (Sandy Dennis) in Up the Down Staircase  or Miss Jean Brodie (Maggie Smith) from The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie?

"Up the Down Staircase" Sandy Dennis © 1967 Warner Brothers         or         Maggie Smith in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (1969)

Sylvia Barrett.  I don't know about Muriel Spark, but Sylvia Barrett, I believe, was based on Bel Kaufman's experience.  Sylvia also taught English.  Miss Brodie taught fascism and tried to manipulate student's lives.

Next:  Which actor or actress working today would be the Lee  Strasberg or Stella Adler of today.  Bonus Question:  Which actor or actress or actor working today would you like to send to their acting class?

• Like 2

As far as an acting teacher I'd say Dustin Hoffman or Al Pacino.  For sending a current actor to their acting class, that's harder.  Maybe Robert Pattinson.  He's in the new Christopher Nolan movie and will be the new Batman.  He's rather a dull actor in the few things I've seen him in.  Maybe Hoffman or Pacino could give him a few tips. (He was fine in a supporting role in one of the Harry Potter movies, pre-Twilight mania.)

Next:  More likely to get out of a speeding ticket when pulled over-- Gloria Grahame or Lauren Bacall?

3 minutes ago, Peebs said:

ext:  More likely to be get out of a speeding ticket when pulled over-- Gloria Grahame or Lauren Bacall?

Great choices given, Peebs. Talk about a hard one. Even though they both would be keen players to get out of ticket, I would choose Gloria' adorability over Lauren's more severe and steely countenance.

Next : More likely to make a good clown.  Buddy Hackett or Milton Berle   ??

• Like 1

I grew up watching Milton Berle on live TV-- He was obnoxious, overbearing and disgusting.

Buddy Hackett was one of those comedians, who was so sweet and so gentle with his come on,

that you didn't mind when he got a little salty and more than a little naughty.

Buddy-- he was definitely the clown for adult parties.

Next:

These two ABC- TV stars did it their way and made everyone like it.

Which one would you more likely have the guts to work for:

Lawrence Welk or

Ozzie Nelson?

I didn't realize that they had reputations as tough bosses.    I'd pick Ozzie Nelson.  I know Lawrence Welk has his fans and his show is still is being shown on PBS stations across the country but I was never a fan.  Even my folks were too hip for Lawrence Welk. Mo Rocca did an interesting podcast on Welk's career.  

Next:  More likely to be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars -- Ann Miller or Mickey Rooney?

• Like 1

Welll, Ann is more properly known for her danceing than Mickey. So I guess I would go with the lady here.I may be missing some nuance in the question.

Next :  Most likely to cast aa Norman in a remake of Psycho.

John Gavin or James Dean

??