Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can't remember title--Please help

uberpoulet

Last year I watched a movie on TCM and I cannot remember the title.  It was made in the 1940a set in London-in a big mansion house, and had two story lines-one was like fifty years before a man and his brother live with a beautiful ward, she falls in love with one of them-leaves him poems in books and what not but he doesn't love her back or doesn't say anything -so she marries someone else(a count?) and moves to Canada.   The other story line is in the 1940s,  during the Blitz,  the guy is super old, still in the same house- and a soilder from canada(the nephew or grandson of the aforementioned lady who married the count) moves in and falls in love with an American nurse.  They don't make the same mistake of the old man- at the end, it turns out he's been talking to the ghost of the lady in Canada and  then he dies when his house is bombed in the blitz.

Can anyone think of the title of this movie?  I am mostly interested becuase of a beautiful love poem in the movie, about standign on the shore-for an anniversary card

Thanks!

Dianna

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings