Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Extra on "Meet Me In St. Louis"

She (Lola Albright) is one of the Calendar Girls, but the girl I'm looking for is never featured with a long close up. The most on screen time I've seen of her is in MMISL. She's the girl in the blue hat and dress who winks at Tom Drake and gives him her seat on the trolley. Thanks for checking, tho!

Nancy

Message was edited by: knitter45

RV, I just "googled" her, and she sounds really interesting, but not our girl. The one I'm looking for was in *Meet Me In St. Louis,* but not in *The Harvey Girls*. The lady you found was born in Kansas City, and so was I! Wouldn't *that* have been a coincidence???

Thanks for searching. How did you come up with her name, and do you know of any pictures of her? the IMDB site doesn't have one.

Thanks again,

Nancy

She was quite beautiful and was Walt Disney's first star, she was in the Alice series, before Mickey Mouse, when she was just a child, she was the live action in an animated film ; done

in black and white and still silent --Five years before Steamboat Willie,, she later on played bit

parts in many movies ..in the Harvey Girls she was in the dance sequence when Marjorie Main

says pick your partner for THE WALTZ , she was all in purple and lavender and was blonde and the prettiest Harvey Girl on the dance floor...( I don't know how to post photos, I never learned)

If you scroll down thru this thread, there is a photo on the trolley. Helen Gilbert is sitting next to Tom Drake, our mystery lady is BEHIND Judy Garland, in blue. There is also a photo of Helen Gilbert in a Mickey Rooney movie, and you can tell it isn't the same person as the lady I'm trying to find.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! Has anyone ever figured out who our mystery lady is? Since the last time I checked, I've seen her in The Pirate too. She's in the first number with Gene Kelley, when he first arrives in town. She's the slinky native woman in white who curls around him, then he moves on to all the other women he sees.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 years later...

There is a newer thread concerning this woman.  Search for "Charlotte Hunter."   

I too have seen her in numerous musicals.  Along with Dorothy (Gilmore) Raye and Dorothy Tuttle, she was one of MGM's most beautiful dancers.  Each got considerably more "face time" and "shot inclusion" than the average uncredited dancer.