Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the name of this movie, please?

Plutarch

I once saw part of an old black and white movie. It seemed to be several stories that were seemingly unrelated, but that had the common thread of a jacket, or a tuxedo, or a suit of some kind. In the first part, a gangster gets shot in the jacket, and then I forget the second part. But the end of the movie, as I vaguely recall (I had a fever when it was on!) had something to do with farm workers finding the jacket in a field, and it was no longer a "bad luck" jacket. It may even have had cash in the lining of it. Does anyone know the name of this film? Thank you so much!

yah, yah, yah, I beat you by 30 seconds!

I seem to remember seeing a print of that film with a WC Fields segment in it. The announcer said that his segment is usually cut out of other prints of the film.

Did you notice that the title is a play on words:

"Tales of Manhattan"

"Tails of Manhattan" (the long-tailed coat)

Thank you, everyone! You're all so smart! And quick! The film is, indeed, "Tales (or Tails) of Manhattan". I can't wait to find it now, and see if it's as good as I remembered from my fevered half-awake first viewing...

Hoping I can be of service to you in answering any of your film needs sometime!

Plutarch