Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did anybody feel Robert Osborne looks different?

filmlover

I read someplace, he flies from L.A. to Atlanta and records a month's worth of intros in just a couple of days. That's somewhere between 100 and 200 of them. If that's true, it certainly could make him look a bit tired now and then. It sure would wear me out.

Mr. Osborne is the GREATEST so if he looks a little haggard, nobody else does haggard that well.

I agree that as a mature gent, that grueling work schedule might take it's toll on that dapper gentleman but I'm sure he's earned every (hardly noticeable) wrinkle.

I did recently watch a tape of Mr. Osborne's "Private Screenings" interview with Jane Powell - from about 1997 or so - and he was looking very handsome, trim and expertly groomed there. Although he's still a priceless work of art, Mr. O must have been quite a looker in his day.

> I read someplace, he flies from L.A. to Atlanta and

> records a month's worth of intros in just a couple of

> days. That's somewhere between 100 and 200 of them.

> If that's true, it certainly could make him look a

> bit tired now and then. It sure would wear me out.

Really, he flies cross country to do this? How dedicated he is! That is a lot to do in two days! I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying I'm grateful he does. It's so comforting seeing him on every night, it's almost like visiting a friend.

My Gosh! I never knew that he flew cross-country for this! Geez! That's quite a trek! I have the utmost respect for this very distinguished gentleman! Two thumbs up for Mr Osborne!

As for the initial topic, I cannot say that I've noticed anything differently about him. Of course, I haven't had the chance to see TCM in the last several days either, though.

And on a side note, does anyone know if there is a page somewhere here on this site with Mr Osborne's biography? I'd love to see one about him -- while he is still with us! :)

Larry

http://lwsroute66.proboards57.com/

Count me amazed, too; I figured late 50s/early 60s!!! Just shows that watching lovely old movies (vs. garbage) is good for your health... ; / I haven't personally noticed him looking "different," but that's usually a sign of subtle plastic surgery when it's a female broadcaster (anyone noticed Greta's transformation)? Naw!

I haven't noticed that he looks that much different, except that I saw a documentary on Mae West that was shown on a Florida PBS station last week. The documentary was made about 25 years ago, and I was surprised to see a much younger Robert Osborne as one of the experts. He was quite boyish then, but something tells me that I've changed in 25 years too...

Are we sure that he flies to Atlanta and shoots all of the intros at once? I ask, because this was always my assumption until a month or so ago, in his intro he made mention of something timely (perhaps the death of the one the featured players that had happened only the day before... something like that), and I realized that he hadn't shot it in advance. Now I'm curious...

OPINION:

I saw "The Big Street" and "5 Came Back," last night. I thought they were fabulous, She was really pretty. In fact I'll go as far to say she seemed more beautiful in black and white. You could imagine (when it was) her red hair. I was disappointed the first time I saw the "real" color. It ruined my illusions.

As much as I enjoy her TV work. I enjoy these movies more. I like to see the grittier side of the actors, before they're "famous."