Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite "Enemy in our ranks" movie

filmlover

This thread is about the films that deal with moles, enemy agents, and just genuinely bad guys who mix in secretly with the good guys, pretending to be something they are not, and genuinely fool the good guys until the end of the film when the enemy is revealed. Name some of your favorites.

Ones that come to mind are "Stalag 17," "13 Rue Madeleine," and "Othello."

I suppose "Where Eagles Dare" probably fits in here. Is that one tied up in legal difficulties, since I haven't seen that one listed in years. When I was a kid, I thought it was the coolest movie ever.

"Guns of Navarone" has a traitor in the group as well.

Well, my first thought was the obvious - Stalag 17.

But since that has already been mentioned, I'll pitch in with "The Spy Who Came in From the Cold" (Richard Burton). By the end of that film, I wasn't sure anymore who was a good guy and who was a bad guy!

Oh...and "Betrayed" (Clark Gable, Lana Turner, Victor Mature) falls into that category too. What a good film that is!

Othello ... excellent! What is your (or anybody's) favorite film version? When the movie is mentioned, most people seem to think of the Orson Wells version (1952) or the modern version with Laurence Fishburne (1995). But there have been countless others, including several TV versions. Personally, I love the version with Laurence Olivier and Maggie Smith (1965), which is basically a slightly filmic stage play. I also liked the modernized spin in O (2001) with Mekhi Phifer as "Odin," Josh Hartnett as "Hugo," and Julia Stiles as "Desi." :)

I suppose "Where Eagles Dare" probably fits in here. Is that one tied up in legal difficulties, since I haven't seen that one listed in years.

Can't say I've ever actually watched it, but TCM shows it from time to time, as well as a fairly long promo that I have watched a couple of times. Check the monthly schedules (I download them 3 months at a time).