Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Somewhere In The Night

Too many good character actors Harry Morgan, Sheldon Leonard, and even Lloyd Nolan were wasted. I could not see why Nancy Guild was attracted to John Hodiak.Miss Guild, for an untrained actress was OK.

The film's producer Anderson Lawler was a very close friend of Gary Cooper

• 1 month later...

> Anyone else found this film a bit confusing?

I think the tradition of confusing mystery plots goes back at least to the mystery movies of the 1930s, such as some of Warren William's and Ricardo Cortez's films. This is different from the gold gangster films that had easy to follow plots.

The confusing plots probably go back to the 1920 mystery novels that some of the early movies were based, and in fact I read a bunch of Sherlock Holmes short stories years ago and they were confusing too.

• 4 weeks later...

> Anyone else found this film a bit confusing? Apart

> from that, I have to say it was enjoyable and John

> Hodiak did a great job.

Happens a lot with amnesia films. Hodiak was strong, but yeah the story lacks clear-cut direction in some parts. That's part of its appeal though I suppose.

Yes, I suppose so. The commentator mentioned this as well as not knowing reason why the woman fell for Hodiak's character.

It was unfortunate to know that John Hodiak suffered a bee sting while filming the hospital scene. While his face was being wrapped up in the gauze, a bee got in the bandages. His face was swollen during the filming of that scene and production was stopped for a few days for his recuperation.

> Yes, I suppose so. The commentator mentioned this as

> well as not knowing reason why the woman fell for

> Hodiak's character.

Hey, the beautiful dame always falls for the hero of the movie.

The most unbelievable case of this was when Janet Leigh fell in love with Frank Sinatra on the train in The Manchurian Candidate. He was cracking up and acting crazy, but hey, he was Frank Sinatra.

• 8 months later...