Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok Who knows the name of this war movie ?

OK here it is - I saw this movie years ago - possibly in the 60's. It was a color movie set during WW2. It was in the jungle and the hero of the movie was captured by the Japanese and held in a wood shed. Every day the soldier would come to the shed -unlock it and feed the prisoner. The prisoner somehow finds a rifle cartridge and bores a hole in the shed door. He places the cartidge in the hold he made in the door, and as the Japanese Solider unlocks the shed door- the prisoner hits the primer of the cartidge and fires the bullet - killing the solider and then he escapes ?

I don't remember the actor or much about the movie - But I've never seen it since.

Anyone have an idea of what the name of the movie is ?

also there is another movie - war movie of course - hero is a Navy man and after the battle he is on the beach and is going to board the landing craft - he steps on a mine and is killed -- color movie from the 50's

OK you movie buffs - help me out !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nope D-DAY 6TH WAS IN bLACK & wHITE - THIS MOVIE WAS IN COLOR AND i SAW IT ONCE WAY BACK LIKE IN THE EARLY 60'S - i'VE NEVER SEEN IT SINCE.,

ok ALL YOU MOVIE BUFFS - KEEP ThINKING - this was a very good movie -

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to disagree with you, Sigma40, but "D-Day, the Sixth of June" was a color movie. Perhaps you saw it on a B-W TV, or maybe the print your station showed was for some reason a B-W one. Anyway, the movie is in color & it does sound like the one you're looking for.

Can't help you with the other title you're looking for.

• 4 weeks later...

That maybe - it wasn;t germans it was a Japanese Soldier. The problem was that I only saw this movie one time and I've never seen it since. Its making me crazy !

• 1 year later...

They weren?t Japanese soldiers, they were native Indians in South America, led by a couple of ex-Nazi fugitives who were hiding out in the jungle. That?s the film where Richard Widmark crashes his small plane in the jungle and he is found by the fugitives. He finally figures out who they are, and like an idiot he tells them he knows they are wanted for war crimes. Then they lock him up and plan to kill him. He escapes into the jungle with Jane Greer. Trevor Howard, the head ex-Nazi, sends a pack of dogs and natives to capture them. They hide out in an old church. He uses a small hole in the old thick wooden door of the church to place the bullet.

?Run for the Sun? (1956), with:

Richard Widmark, Trevor Howard, and Jane Greer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049696/