Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP - end of world SUNSPOT? scifi movie name?

wheel123

SUNSPOTS = ?? Wiping out humans maybe?

im looking for a name of a maybe 1970's? movie, maybe in the scifi category

all im describing is to the best of my recollection, so any help is appreciated.

a father, son and daughter is spelunking in a underwater cave when something happens above earth on the ground [with the sun maybe] which causes everyone above ground to disappear

these 3 search for people, and in 1 scene, bad boys [mutants maybe] that lived in a grocery store attack them in a city courtyard

in another scene, 1 of the 3 walk up to a car and some stranger sits up in it freaking us, the audience, out

anyone.? THANKS

If ya saw this on the tube, it's probably Where Have All the People Gone?, a 1974 made-for-tv:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0072400/

It's not available on video but a collector's copy can be obtained here (VHS or DVD-R):

http://www.mtceuropavideo.com/index.htm

Scroll down the page for categories and open "TV Horror Movies of the 1970s". I don't know the video quality on this title.

The Last Man on Earth (1964) with Vincent Price will be on TCM in about a month which has a similar plot.

Dr. Robert Morgan (Vincent Price) is the only survivor of a devastating world-wide plague due to a mysterious immunity he acquired to the bacterium while working in Central America years ago. He is all alone now...or so it seems. As night falls, plague victims begin to leave their graves, part of a hellish undead army that''s thirsting for blood...his.

I have this movie (DVD) in letterbox Aspect ratio 2.35 : 1

but I think it will be on in pan and scan when they show it.