Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

secret movie star cameo's??

wheel123

Bartlett wrote:

"Bob Hope and Bing Crosby in two of Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis movies. The first "Scared Stiff" ( 1953) as skeletons. The second in "Three Ring Circus" ( 1955) as part of the audience both eating popcorn and looking up at high wire act."

I dunno, maybe Bing and Bob did it twice... but I could swear they were circus spectators in DeMille's THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH (1952). The IMDb says that, too.

Dan N.

> The second in "Three Ring Circus" (

> 1955) as part of the audience both eating popcorn and

> looking up at high wire act."[/i]

>

>

> I dunno, maybe Bing and Bob did it twice... but I

> could swear they were circus spectators in DeMille's

> THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH (1952). The IMDb says

> that, too.

>

> Dan N.

You may be right! I know Hope & Crosby were in "Scared Stiff" a remake of Hopes 1940 movie The Ghost Breakers. Maybe they were in the men's room during " Three Ring Circus "instead of in the audience during the High Wire Performance.

Message was edited by:

Bartlett

• 2 weeks later...

The kid who bit Frederic March on the leg in NOTHING SACRED, was that Billy Barty?

In CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT,there is a scene at the square dance, where a couple comes across the screen from right to left, they are cheek to cheek, the sailor is "cow eyed and love struck". is this Dan Daily?

The band playing "St. Louie Woman" at the beginning of the big nightclub scene toward the end of "Scarface" (1932) is Louie Armstrong and his band. His band was one of the major jazz bands playing in nightclubs in Los Angeles at the time the film was made.

One of James Deans first appearances was in a Martin & Lewis 1952 movie called "Sailor Beware'. He played a corner man in a fight scene to the boxer in the ring against Jerry Lewis. His only line in the movie was "He is a professional fighter". Even at the time he was a year or two away from his classic "East of Eden", I consider it a "Cameo' appearance.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure how 'unpublicized' these really are, but here are a few of my favorites:

Red Skelton in "Susan Slept Here"

Errol Flynn in "It's a Great Feeling"

Lauren Bacall & Humphrey Bogart in "Two Guys from Milwaukee"

Cary Grant in "Without Reservations"

Di