Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

bill mcrary said = CHERISH TCM !!! turner classics #1

wheel123

another member ended a comment by stating = CHERISH TCM

i so agree, i get digital cable with no extras, and turner classic movies is a great history reliving commercial free tv station with some of the best classic movies ever made

of course with todays films, everything is computer generated and extreme, real life-like and 'perfect, but TCM throws us back to the times with limited budgets, fast production and the black and white history of antiques and long forgotten times

AMC american movie classics was a TCM clone, or vice-versa, but AMC gave into the corporate business world of advertising and actually showing newer movies, so that OUR TCM, at least on my tv, is the king, or queen, of the classic movie era

THANKYOU TCM !!!

if TCM ever caves into the business world, we will have lost a great station that stands alone and gives the world a simple pleasure that most take for granted

your thought people.?

DITTO, and thank heavens they didn't have the easy fixes of technology and money back then and hence we all had to rely on creativity and imagination.

I absolutely refuse to watch commercials (will switch to anything else, even the local weather, or at least mute regular TV rather than subject myself to it; ugh) and don't even bother with movies interrupted by commercials -- too annoying!!!

Turner saves me a lot of finger work on the remote... It's all good, all the time...

I, too, cherish TCM!!!

> I absolutely refuse to watch commercials (will switch

> to anything else, even the local weather, or at least

> mute regular TV rather than subject myself to it;

> ugh) and don't even bother with movies interrupted by

> commercials -- too annoying!!!

I'm the same way, I can't watch movies interrupted by commercials anymore, I've been too spoiled by TCM! If I see something on AMC I might want to see, I just can't do it, the commercials ruin the flow of a movie. ONLY two exceptions would be Ten Commandments and It's A Wonderful Life, which have been hijacked by the networks. These two are absolutely essential, and better seen with commercial interruption than not at all.

I think we all appreciate what TCM is and the enjoyment we have watching it.

The discussion among board members becomes testy when you get into - is it changing? How is it changing? What will it become? Everybody has an opinion. There are two distinct camps. There are those who think TCM is doomed and very little can be done about it. Some even feel, I don't know if it's is the right word, betrayed about the "change" in programming. Then there are those (me) who think very little can be done so let's enjoy it while we can and hope for the good graces of the powers that be that they will continue to give us classic movies uncut and commercial free. Whatever their feelings they are passionate about TCM and want it to be the best channel. We sometimes disagree on how that's acheived.

It's far and away my favorite channel.

Fights have come over this topic so keep an eye out. Check the history and see what has gone before.