Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

70's horror

scoobydumb

Please help. I am trying to remember the name of a 70's made for TV Film (I think). It's mild horror about a family of kids who live alone in a house in the woods. There is about six or seven kids ranging from teenagers to about 5 year olds who all live together without any parents. If I remeber correctly, two travelers (a man and woman) somehow arrive at the kid's house and initially try to help them. However they soon relaize that the oldest kids are not willing to let them leave. Towards the end of the film the couple makes a desperate attempt to escape. I'm not sure but I think there were some kind of mean dogs invloved as well).

This move was shown quite often into the early 80's around the same time as Devil Dog and Dont be Afraid of the Dark.

You're thinking of All the Kind Strangers, a 1974 TV movie starring Stacy Keach, Samantha Eggar, John Savage, and Robby Benson. Dialogue clues indicate that it is set in Doddridge County, WV, where it could very well have happened in real life. Written by Clyde Ware, who by no coincidence is a native of Doddridge County.

Credits &c here, and looks like it might even be available on DVD:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0071120/