Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nancy

Humphrey Bogart mystery movie

Hi, I'm having problems remembering the title to a movie with H.B. He's an editor of a newspaper that is turning into a 'rag' magazine. They want to revisit a story about a woman who killed her husband 20 yrs before and dig up current information on them which leads to the suicide of that woman and her current husband the day of her daughter's wedding. I used to know the name of the movie and just can't remember, nor when I did remember could I find that film anywhere! It's not for sale at all. Can anyone help with that? It's a great movie and I'd like to get it for my Dad for Christmas.

Thank you for any help!

Nancy

You're probably confusing two movies with very similar plots . . .

The Humphrey Bogart movie you're thinking of is TWO AGAINST THE WORLD (1936, retitled ONE FATAL HOUR for TV), in which Bogart is the news director of a radio station. That movie was a remake of FIVE STAR FINAL (1931) which featured Edward G. Robinson as the editor of a sleazy tabloid. Both of them dredged up a 20-year-old murder story for their respective media, which resulted in the suicide of the woman involved and her husband on the day of their daughter's wedding.

Sadly, neither one is available on DVD, although I think FIVE STAR FINAL was available on VHS at one time.

Thank you coffeedan, that is what I remember. I'll try to find 5 Star Final on VHS, my Dad likes that format anyway :)

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!

Nancy