Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An Affair To Remember

lorett

I was wondering if any one knew the orphan boy Tyrone's real name. He is the boy with the big ears that was sing in Terry McCay's bedroom when she was sick. I was trying to remember another movie he played in where he and his brothers and sister were orphaned after their mom and dad died. Can any one help me on this? Thanks

• 3 months later...

HI ....I believe the movie where the children were orphaned was ALL MINE TO GIVE... Glenys Johns played the mother,cant recall who played the Dad. An Irish couple with a large family .Dad died after kissing his son who was suffering from diptheria., after going to see the boy who was in isolation with his mother, so the other children would not catch it .The boy survived, and the mother supported the children by sewing.after the Dad died. The eldest boy worked in a mill after leaving school early to help with finances .. Eventually The Mum got ill , but before she died , she makes the eldest son promise to find homes for all the children. I think there was 7 alltogether.. He does, but.goes on to work in the mill.,ironically. no home for him..I recall Patty McCormick who was in The Bad Seed playing one of the daughters

> HI ....I believe the movie where the children were

> orphaned was ALL MINE TO GIVE... Glenys Johns played

> the mother,cant recall who played the Dad. An Irish

> couple with a large family .Dad died after kissing

> his son who was suffering from diptheria., after

> going to see the boy who was in isolation with his

> mother, so the other children would not catch it .The

> boy survived, and the mother supported the children

> by sewing.after the Dad died. The eldest boy worked

> in a mill after leaving school early to help with

> finances .. Eventually The Mum got ill , but before

> she died , she makes the eldest son promise to find

> homes for all the children. I think there was 7

> alltogether.. He does, but.goes on to work in the

> mill.,ironically. no home for him..I recall Patty

> McCormick who was in The Bad Seed playing one of the

> daughters

I think the fatrher was played by William Shatner if I have the right movie. I can remember one of the neighbors being jealous of the husband's thoughtfullness to make a device to get water or pump water to her and the oldest son making sure not to give any of the children to this lady. Also the father worked at the mill and the oldest boy went with him and then he went by himself at the end. Alan Hale Jr. played the mill manager?? and he and Shatner got into fiticuffs and because of that Shatner gains Hale's respect. A scene that especially sticks with me is the gift of yeast from a neighbor who tells the mother to take care of it and it will last for years. In this disposable society and when I throw something away or when I wish I could cook this crosses my mind from time to time. Also I have to admit that it was strange to see Shatner in this movie at first I thought hey that's William Shatner...and waited for the enterprise to show up.....just kidding..seriously sometimes it is hard to seperate acters roles from a more famous role.....