Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mrsl

***Still want to know - tried your solution - no soap***

I cleared my cookies. I can go in either by the internet icon on my menu page, or I can go into 'start' and click on internet. I have Yahoo/AT&T DSL, and no matter which I use, I still don't have the log-in/register logo.

Any more ideas?

> I cleared my cookies. I can go in either by the

> internet icon on my menu page, or I can go into

> 'start' and click on internet. I have Yahoo/AT&T

> DSL, and no matter which I use, I still don't have

> the log-in/register logo.

>

> Any more ideas?

Did you bookmark the TCM home page? If so, you need to delete that, clear all the cookies and reset your computer. Then go here - http://www.tcm.com/index.jsp

We recommend using Firefox or IE with Flash Player and Windows Media for the best experience at TCM.com.

You may download the Firefox browser at "www.getfirefox.com", or the Internet Explorer browser at "http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx".

-TCMWeb

riddler, that little white box with the red x was on my tcm homepage this morning when I turned on the computer and pulled tcm from my favorites list. So, what does that mean?

Message was edited by:

mrsl

> riddler, that little white box with the red x

> was on my tcm homepage this morning when I turned on

> the computer and pulled tcm from my favorites list.

> So, what does that mean?

> Message was edited by:

> mrsl

Looks like you need to download Flash Player and Windows Media. The white box with the red x - is the "sign-in / sign-up" logo.

My flash player and media are working just fine. It showed the entire hour long episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip Monday night, which I missed thanks to a couple of frantic phone calls from my grandaughter. Her car was acting stupid and she called to tell me, like I could trot over there with my trusty tool box and fix it. I don't even drive at night.

Anyway, for the heck of it, I just kind of slowly roamed around with my mouse in the area where the log-in logo is supposed to be on the TCM home page, and guess what, you know those little 'tips' that come on screen like cartoon wording with the little hand giving you the finger? Well, mine said "log-in/register", so I clicked on the 'nothing' space, and lo and behold, I got the logi-in page! There is no logo, or wording, just the little white box with the red x . Go figure! Anyway, I've been on and off all day, and every time that's how I get logged in from the home page. I swear, this computer has a mind of its own!!!!

Thanks for all you suggestions, I really appreciate it.

Anne

Hallelujah! I asked my grandaughter, and of course, her answer was "gram, I told you I had to come back and do your firefox, so she told me what to do and I did it this morning, and lo and behold, I have the sign-in logo!

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Anne