Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All-Time Most Unattractive Men and Women of Movies

CaveGirl

Do others get sick and tired of polls detailing all the enviable qualities of others, when it is so much more fun to talk about the less appealing characteristics of almost anyone.

In comparison, then one feels great knowing they are better looking than Jack Elam or Judy Canova hopefully.

Of course this will be very subjective, knowing that beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder but you heard it here first. Who are the least attractive, we can even say maybe revolting looking stars of the silver screen?

Nominate your male and female choices here, and we can submit the final tally to Facebook.

Try to pick people who are dead so we don't hurt anyone's feelings!

I've already given two choices but I might also add that woman who starred in films of John Waters, her name was Edith Something* if I recall. I'm sure someone here will give me her last name as I'm too tired to look it up.

*Massey [hope she wasn't related to Raymond!]

Do others get sick and tired of polls detailing all the enviable qualities of others, when it is so much more fun to talk about the less appealing characteristics of almost anyone.

In comparison, then one feels great knowing they are better looking than Jack Elam or Judy Canova hopefully.

Of course this will be very subjective, knowing that beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder but you heard it here first. Who are the least attractive, we can even say maybe revolting looking stars of the silver screen?

Nominate your male and female choices here, and we can submit the final tally to Facebook.

Try to pick people who are dead so we don't hurt anyone's feelings!

I've already given two choices but I might also add that woman who starred in films of John Waters, her name was Edith Something* if I recall. I'm sure someone here will give me her last name as I'm too tired to look it up.

*Massey [hope she wasn't related to Raymond!]

Won't we hurt the feelings of their descendants who resemble them?

• Like 1

Won't we hurt the feelings of their descendants who resemble them?

Who cares!

Call me insensitive, call me callous but that's the way I roll.

They might be living off their inheritances earned by their famous relatives, while we slave here trying to find fun in talking about movies.

Go for it, Down.

Well first here CG, I never thought Judy Canova was all that awful looking...

JCvavoom.jpg

Perhaps it's just that with that "rubber face" of hers and which she pretty much used as her calling card, such as this...

judycanova_400x300_051620080225.jpg

...you might only recall her in this manner.

Of course then again, I MIGHT be "coming to her defense" here because I always thought her daughter Diana(best remembered for the TV sitcom "Soap") was very very cute.

Okay, and now for my pick of an "aesthetically challenged" actor and actress...

Edward G. Robinson

Judith Anderson

(...BOTH of course terrific thespians, but boy oh boy, it sure was a GOOD thing they were, 'cause they sure wouldn't have made it on their looks alone!) 

Edited by Dargo
  • Like 2

JCvavoom.jpg

Perhaps it's just that with that "rubber face" of hers and which she pretty much used as her calling card, such as this...

Of course then again, I MIGHT be "coming to her defense" here because I always thought her daughter Diana(best remembered for the TV sitcom "Soap") was very very cute.

Edward G. Robinson

Judith Anderson

You're right, Dargo. Judy Canova is a glamour girl compared to that chick in the film "Crybaby" named Kim McGuire. The title of her character says it all, she played Mona "Hatchet-Face" Malnorowski.

I think Waters had a talent for finding people who were beauty challenged.

Eddie G. is a not the best looking but does have dignity, as does Miss Judith.

Is this really the best you can do for my thread? I expect so much more from you, ya know!

You're right, Dargo. Judy Canova is a glamour girl compared to that chick in the film "Crybaby" named Kim McGuire. The title of her character says it all, she played Mona "Hatchet-Face" Malnorowski.

I think Waters had a talent for finding people who were beauty challenged.

Eddie G. is a not the best looking but does have dignity, as does Miss Judith.

Is this really the best you can do for my thread? I expect so much more from you, ya know!

Well GEEEZ, CG!

Whaddaya want here, lady?! Are ya mad 'cause I didn't list Rondo Hatton here or somethin'?!!

(...oh...wait...THAT'S right...you think Rondo has a certain "Joie de vivre" about him, doncha!)

LOL

;)

Well GEEEZ, CG!

Whaddaya want here, lady?! Are ya mad 'cause I didn't list Rondo Hatton here or somethin'?!!

(...oh...wait...THAT'S right...you think Rondo has a certain "Joie de vivre" about him, doncha!)

LOL

;)

Well, Rondo was voted the handsomest boy in his senior class, ya know, Dargo and stayed that way till the acromegaly started affecting his looks.

But yeah, I do still find him kinda cute.

Sorry I was so hard on you, but life can be a cruel mistress occasionally.

Edward G. Robinson

Judith Anderson

(...BOTH of course terrific thespians, but boy oh boy, it sure was a GOOD thing they were, 'cause they sure wouldn't have made it on their looks alone!) 

They played brother and sister in THE RED HOUSE. The younger cast included matinee idol Rory Calhoun and vixen Julie London. So we were too busy looking at Calhoun and London to even notice Robinson and Anderson.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-07-25%2Bat%2B2.26.5

• Like 1

They played brother and sister in THE RED HOUSE. The younger cast included matinee idol Rory Calhoun and vixen Julie London. So we were too busy looking at Calhoun and London to even notice Robinson and Anderson.

That's funny you say that, TB since I was just watching my dvd of that movie and laughing about how little alike Eddie and Judy appear to be as relations.

Rory was always kind of low rent looking to me, like a somewhat attractive gas station attendant, no offense to gas station attendants, but Julie was lovely in everything.

• Like 1

That's funny you say that, TB since I was just watching my dvd of that movie and laughing about how little alike Eddie and Judy appear to be as relations.

Rory was always kind of low rent looking to me, like a somewhat attractive gas station attendant, no offense to gas station attendants, but Julie was lovely in everything.

In the original story of THE RED HOUSE, which is obscured by the production code, the girl Anderson raises is her illegitimate granddaughter and Robinson is actually obsessing about his niece.

In the original story of THE RED HOUSE, which is obscured by the production code, the girl Anderson raises is her illegitimate granddaughter and Robinson is actually obsessing about his niece.

Did Eddie, ahem, "cry a river" over her in that movie, TB?! ;)

Well, even if he didn't, I can certainly understand his "obsession" for her, anyway. Gotta admit I was always a little "obsessed" with the sexy Miss London, myself.

(...yep, and even when she was a little past her prime and playing that nurse on TV's "Emergency")

• Like 1

Did Eddie, ahem, "cry a river" over her in that movie, TB?! ;)

Well, even if he didn't, I can certainly understand his "obsession" for her, anyway. Gotta admit I was always a little "obsessed" with the sexy Miss London, myself.

(...yep, and even when she was a little past her prime and playing that nurse on TV's "Emergency")

The character played by Julie was a high school classmate who caused trouble for everyone. But Allene Roberts played the girl who was raised by Anderson and Robinson.

• Like 1

JCvavoom.jpg

Edward G. Robinson

Judith Anderson

How about the couple of Wallace Beery and Marie Dressler. Not only were they unattractive, but seemed to have faces straight out of the 19th century.

• Like 2

Eh, I've seen footage of Judith Anderson off screen and was pleasantly surprised at what a beauty she was in real life! Maybe movies made her "down" for roles?

For me, it's VICTOR MATURE....blech!

• Like 2

Eh, I've seen footage of Judith Anderson off screen and was pleasantly surprised at what a beauty she was in real life! Maybe movies made her "down" for roles?

Hmmmm....it's never a good idea for one to overstate their case, ya know, Tiki.

(...a "BEAUTY"???!!!)

;)

• Like 2

Blech is an accurate descriptor for Mature. He does not work for me one iota as a heartthrob, but I find him tolerable as a noir anti-hero.

Anne Ramsey, from Throw Mama from the Train, in her younger days.

FpYQnJCJ3Sa0iJALFdY2SeUMuq6s3SuknnLSK9oq

Well HELL, Lawrence ol' boy!

For the MOST part, weren't we ALL back in our youth a hell of lot better lookin' than we are TODAY, dude?!!!

LOL

(...so what's NEXT...when somebody now mentions the name of, oh I dunno, Walter Brennan, are ya gonna post a picture of the guy when HE was 18 freakin' years old TOO???!!!)

;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings