Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is your favorite Christmas Film?

hayleyperrin

What is Christmas without Der Bingle? I watched Holiday Inn for the second time last night and enjoyed it even more than the first. Crosby and Astaire were just adorable in it! I live for Astaire's "firecracker" dance sequence, and of course Crosby's "White Christmas". Although I could have done without the black face routine.

Without a doubt, 'White Christmas' but I have to admit my secret holiday passion. When my kids were small, I watched for the first time, and since then have never missed a showing of any of the made for TV specials for kids. Every year I look them up and mark them so as not to miss them. Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Rudolph, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Little Drummer Boy, and last year there was a new one about fairies who raised Santa Claus which will be added to my list if it's repeated this year. ;-)

Anne

Mine is REMEMBER THE NIGHT with Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray. Hard-edged with a soft center, this under-appreciated 1940 classic was written by the great Preston Sturgess and directed by Mithcell Leisen. If you've never seen it, mark your calendars; Turner is running it on Sunday, December 17.

My favorite has got to be Angella Lansburry's "Mrs. Santa Clause". It is a made-for-tv movie, made in 1996, so it's not exactly a "classic" but it is the best nonetheless, at least in my oppinion!

No wonder i love it so much, the songs in it were written by the un-beatable Jerry Herman, same lyricist who wrote all the songs for my other fav musical, "Mame"!!

Anyway, anyone else here seen/like "Mrs. Santa Clause"?

What? No A Christmas Story??? This should be a 'classic' to TCM!

And One Magic Christmas is a good one too.

Both 'classic' according to the new definition of TCM.

But of course this is sarcasm. As much as I adore both movies, my very favorite I love it beyond all reason Christmas film is the original, one and only Alastair Sim A Christmas Carol, in black and white, of course.

dolores

Although I'm a total sap for the musicals; White Christmas, Holiday Inn, and I love Scrooge (Alaistar Sim), my all time favorite is Miracle on 34th St. (1947). I think the casting is excellent in this movie; Edmund Gwenn is a perfect Kris Kringle! Maureen O'Hara, Natalie Wood, John Payne; they are all superb in this Christmas classic...I've seen this movie dozens of times and I never get tired of it!