Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
hayleyperrin

What would you like to see on tcm at Christmas?

I have to say that i could not pick what christmas film i would like to watch on christmas but i guess it would have to be a film with Bing Crosby in because he has such an amazing voice and it would be lovely to hear his voice on Christmas day singing ''White Christmas''.

You would have to start on Christmas Eve but here goes:

All Mine to Give

The Christmas Story

Miracle on 34th Street

A Christmas Carol

Christmas in Connecticut

Holiday Inn

Holiday Affair

. . . And finish off with White Christmas

If this were a true line-up, I wouldn't move from the TV all night, and day. I'd have to time my washroom breaks.

Anne

Although it's not your usual classic film, I would love to see "A Christmas Memory" with

Geraldine Page and narrated by Truman Capote, from 1966. It was originally a TV special

movie. I believe it expresses what the spirit of Christmas is about. Does anyone out there know if this is being shown anywhere this year?

John Water's "Female Trouble" in the wee hours uncut. Yes it is about Christmas. At least the story starts out at Christmas time. About a girl who wants Cha Cha's for Christmas and what happens to her when she doesn't get what she wants for Christmas.

I was going to say Holiday Affair with Robert Mitchum, but I just checked and it is playing 3 times in December. I think that is a bit excessive even though I really like that movie.

Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, with Pia Zadora. This film is a statement of the elemental need to celebrate a holiday of giving, an innate trait from the primal mind that has been washed away by the sands of time only to be sequestered to one day a year to remind ourselves of that which we truly are. This film is a testament to the true human spirit, and it's message is that even when the shadows of doubt, disbelief and fear may roll into our slumber and embed themselves into our psyche, we still can break the shackles of phobia and the doubting machinations implanted in us by environment and sociological dogmas. The reason I find this in this film can be surmised by one simple beautiful truth, there was actually a man who read this script and thought it was worth financing. So, when viewing this, I am reminded that miracles do happen, that a man can still get rich off of the inept and wealthy. It really gives the spirit enlightenment to see this altruistic truth revealed in this film. So if any inept studio heads are reading this ; please feel free to e-mail me for I have a script about talking garbage at the magical dump waiting for Christmas, and all I need is a few million to make this dream into a reality.

How about a full 24 hrs of Christmas movies?? is that too much to ask? I would love 48 hrs of nothing but Christmas films. But I wont hold my breath on that. I know a week would be pushing it, but hey, why not?? lol. I know that a whole week would be improbable, not enought purely Christmas themed films, but throw in some non christmas would be ok. It is better than a day of regular films with ONE christmas film thrown in.

I wish TCM would show Holiday Inn since I haven't seen it and would really like to, but since they aren't, I guess I'll just have to rent or buy the DVD.