Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'Credit Roll' promo now in theaters

NKF

Is it my favorite one with the names that roll and little things happen to the names? Like Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn, entwined, and James Dean crashes like a car? And at the end it says, just your usual, everyday credit roll, (or something like that?) I love the music, the cartoons, the colors, everything about it. To me, That's TCM at its best. Unique.

Anne

Just love that "ordinary every day credit roll", especially Judy Garland's red shoes and the Toto chasing them (dear to my heart, since I own a cairn terrier) ~ what a creative mind designed it! I also love Gene Kelly's umbrella and Paul Newman's blue eyes ~ just watching it is a trip! ~ Happy Thanksgiving, Anne. See you around the boards.

Yep, that's it. I saw it before a screening of "For Your Consideration," which also has cleverly designed end credits (but not as clever as TCM's). I'm wondering whether the FYC designer (Donavan McDougle) also designed the TCM credits. I missed so much in the TCM roll--would love to slow it down and watch it several times.

NKF -

The promo you saw before "For Your Consideration" oftens plays on TCM also. (And even on CNN and other Turner Network channels.) It is an inspired 30 seconds (or so) of whimsy that is a favorite around here. I have seen "the everyday credit roll" promo twice in as many days so, if you're lucky, you might catch it between films over the next few days also. Then you can try to catch some of the other names and visual allusions that make it so special.

Kyle In Hollywood

I love that credit roll. Sometimes when I catch it on TiVo, I watch it a couple of times before deleting it. It is by far my favorite 'regular' TCM promo.

It is very clever - the 'characters' the actors are supposedly playing, the music, and of course, the cartoons they do with several of the names.

It's really cute what they did with Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh's hames...and I always get a kick out of Errol Flynn's and Stewart Granger's names in a sword fight.

And I agree about Toto - that one is cute!

Good stuff!