Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

M A G A >> WINNING! WINNING! WINNING! LAW&ORDER PARTY!


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

 

Tell Donald Trump he works for the American people, not for his self-aggrandizement.  After nearly 3 years, he still doesn’t understand this or is doing what he should be doing for the country.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

 

The House Demócrats have passed dozens of bills to help the American people.  Mitch McConnell and the GOP have not done anything other than to confirm extreme right-wing judges.  It appears Trump’s base is haappy with this.  So if jobs is their issue, they need to push the GOP senators to do something.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Arturo said:

The House Democrat have passed dozens of bills to help the American people.  Mitch McConnell and the GOP have not done anything other than to confirm extreme right-wing judges.  It appears Trump’s base is haappy with this.  So if Kobe is their issue, they need to push the GOP senators to do something.

Again,   how does passing bills that NEVER see the light of day,  'help the American people'?????

The GOP and the Senate have helped SOME American people by confirming those judges.   While I disagree with most of their selections,  they did get something done

Pelosi was very open and honest about this;  she allows junior members (especially first term ones), to introduce bills and have the House vote on them so they can take this back to their base for the 2020 election.    She knows that these bills are NOT helping the American people AT-THIS-TIME,   but will help a majority of Americans once the Dems can take out Trump and get a majority in the Senate in 2020.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Again,   how does passing bills that NEVER see the light of day,  'help the American people'?????

The GOP and the Senate have helped SOME American people by confirming those judges.   While I disagree with most of their selections,  they did get something done

Pelosi was very open and honest about this;  she allows junior members (especially first term ones), to introduce bills and have the House vote on them so they can take this back to their base for the 2020 election.    She knows that these bills are NOT helping the American people AT-THIS-TIME,   but will help a majority of Americans once the Dems can take out Trump and get a majority in the Senate in 2020.

 

The hold-up continues to be Mitch McConnell.  HE refuses to even consider one of these bills.  GOP senators aren’t trying to work on legislation that can be reconciled with the House, for the benefit of Americans, nor are they pressuring McConnel in his stonewalling tactics.  There is nobody else to blame but the GOP in the Senate and the priorities THEY vote on.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arturo said:

The hold-up continues to be Mitch McConnell.  HE refuses to even consider one of these bills.  GOP senators aren’t trying to work on legislation that can be reconciled with the House, for the benefit of Americans, nor are they pressuring McConnel in his stonewalling tactics.  There is nobody else to blame but the GOP in the Senate and the priorities THEY vote on.

Of course the 'hold-up' is McConnell.  DUH.  But that does NOT change the fact that the House passing bills that they know the Senate leader will NEVER put forward,  is doing NOTHING to help the American people.  I.e. Nothing is getting done.

Again, Pelosi is very experienced and does her job very well;    She didn't pass those bills, that she knew would go nowhere,  to 'help the American people'  (since that would be stupid and silly) but to help her caucus in the 2020 election.     

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Of course the 'hold-up' is McConnell.  DUH.  But that does NOT change the fact that the House passing bills that they know the Senate leader will NEVER put forward,  is doing NOTHING to help the American people.  I.e. Nothing is getting done.

Again, Pelosi is very experienced and does her job very well;    She didn't pass those bills, that she knew would go nowhere,  to 'help the American people'  (since that would be stupid and silly) but to help her caucus in the 2020 election.     

 

I agree that while some bills, such as Medicare for All and similar, are a waste of time, it is important for the House to pass bills that could help the majority (if not all) Americans.  If for no other reason than to show that Trump and McConnell are hurting the American people.

Better to pass good bills that will fail in the Senate than to do nothing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • JakeHolman changed the title to M A G A >> WINNING! WINNING! WINNING! LAW&ORDER PARTY!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...