Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE RESISTANCE TO THE ILLEGITIMATE (MENTALLY CHALLENGED OCCUPANT) BIDEN ADMINISTRATION ...

11 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Related image

This wins your applause, does it, Jake? These transgender people are willing to lay their lives down, if need be, and fight for their country. That's more than can be said for the silver spoon in the mouth bones spurs President you idolize so much.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
53 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

Oh, yeh, those transgender military people are also willing to do a lot more for their nation than this loud mouthed flag waving draft dodger ever did either.

Do you ever stop to question your value system, Jake?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Oh, yeh, those transgender military people are also willing to do a lot more for their nation than this loud mouthed flag waving draft dodger ever did either.

Do you ever stop to question your value system, Jake?

1 hour ago, JakeHolman said:

It looks like old draft dodging bone spurs trump will be in good company with old draft dodging John Wayne.

While  John Wayne was making a movie about the "Sands of Iwo Jima" on the Hollywood backlot, other drafted men like my father, who fought in the Battle of Bulge, were dodging real bullets and real grenades in the real war because they had the courage to go ahead and do what had to be done.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

It looks like old draft dodging bone spurs trump will be in good company with old draft dodging John Wayne.

While  John Wayne was making a movie about the "Sands of Iwo Jima" on the Hollywood backlot, other drafted men like my father, who fought in the Battle of Bulge, were dodging real bullets and real grenades in the real war because they had the courage to go ahead and do what had to be done.

I've a theory that the reason Wayne would later wave the flag so hard was due to over compensation and a guilty conscience over having avoided the war. But when he later extolled young American men during the Vietnam era to do "the right thing" (which he didn't do during WW2, concerned about his film career losing momentum if he went overseas) the stench of hypocrisy is sickening.

What I don't get are all these paper patriots who idolize Wayne (or Trump) and turn a blind eye to their draft dodging.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, TomJH said:

What I don't get are all these paper patriots who idolize Wayne (or Trump) and turn a blind eye to their draft dodging.

I've noticed that most of them didn't serve in the services themselves, or joined branches that were unlikely to see combat duty. Maybe it's overcompensation times 2.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I've noticed that most of them didn't serve in the services themselves, or joined branches that were unlikely to see combat duty. Maybe it's overcompensation times 2.

No wonder they identify with these paper flag wavers like Trump and Wayne.

Nor do these great "patriots" ever say boo on these boards about Russian interference in the election trying to assist Trump or Trump's slavish attitude towards Putin. The only response you might get from these "patriots" is questioning the motives of the FBI for their investigations of Trump, including the possibility he was/is a Russian agent.

SUPPORTING TRUMP, NO MATTER WHAT, IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THESE PARTISAN ZEALOTS THAN WHETHER HE MAY BE AN AGENT OF A FOREIGN POWER!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

That's right. A few of the vets here who have served in Nam or Iraq and seen the horrors of war can also see through a phony "patriot"  like Trump.

8 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

As a refreshing break, I recall DownGoesFrazier once being honest enough to admit he enlisted in the Coast Guard so he could avoid combat.

• JakeHolman changed the title to THE RESISTANCE TO THE ILLEGITIMATE (MENTALLY CHALLENGED OCCUPANT) BIDEN ADMINISTRATION ...
  • TCMModerator1 locked this topic
  • TCMModerator1 unlocked this topic