Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Television Personality Youree Dell Harris is dead at age Fifty-Three

SansFin

I didn't know what her real name was and I'd forgotten all about her. But I believe I was part of a class action multiple state suit against her and/or I instituted a complaint against her in my state.

It's Been a while. I don't remember all the details - - but I was one of a many people who helped to get her thrown off late night television.

It seems like the last time I remember seeing her on television was more than 10 years ago. There was a lawsuit against her in Florida and she was on her way to court there.

Oh man I remember Miss Cleo. I believe her commercials came on during Nick at Nite. Didn't she run into legal trouble later? I'm also surprised she was only 53. Seems like she should have been older by now.

Wiki says the FTC fraud-squad finally caught up with her in '02, but the case was settled.

This was back when we were just starting to catch on that, like the WWF, phone psychics might, gasp, be fake--

You couldn't tell from the two-minute ads, but when they tried pushing the act with half-hour infomercials, it was hilarious how obvious it was that the phone psychics were using the exact same three predictions over and over, in scripted rotation:

"Congratulations on that new baby!"  "How's that new job working out?"  "He's cheatin' on ya, hon!"

When the infomercials showed Miss C herself doing predictions, it was clear she was getting a little...complacent about her success and making the variations a little more dangerously creative:  "He's wanted in three states, hon, call the police!"

Sort of like an easier version of phone pranking, where the victims call you up.

HEY now, people! Let's not paint ALL psychics with that same broad brush here!

You see, I have PERSONALLY  had an experience with one of 'em which'll show you just how  SOME of 'em at least can be rather insightful. This happened about 10 years ago now and after I saw one of their commercials on TV, and so decided to test 'em.

I remember calling this one particular one up, and after just talking to her for about ONLY ten minutes and mostly about what a good lookin', witty, intelligent, personable and generally overall great guy I am, she told me I had an enormous ego.

(...and ya gotta admit anybody THAT insightful about others like this MUST have SOME kind'a "psychic" thing goin' on with 'em, RIGHT?!)

MAD TV did a really funny skit about Miss Cleo concerning 9/11 (after a respectable period had passed of course) in which a caller to the hotline asks "Miss Cleo, were you working on September the 10th?  You were?  And the spirits didn't tell you nothing?  No?  Miss Cleo, that was an awful big thing for them to have missed!" 

She gained a measure of fame in late: 1990s and early: 2000s as: "Miss Cleo." She was spokesperson for a psychic hotline and was self-professed shaman. 

I must wonder if she saw it coming.

OMG!

Why could it not be Sylvester Stallone's mommy instead.

Oh, wait...is she already dead?

Sorry.

She gained a measure of fame in late: 1990s and early: 2000s as: "Miss Cleo." She was spokesperson for a psychic hotline and was self-professed shaman. 

I must wonder if she saw it coming.

Were you here in the States that far back, San Fin to remember seeing Cleo on television?

I thought you had come to the United States in 2008.

Were you here in the States that far back, San Fin to remember seeing Cleo on television?

I became slightly familiar with her while transferring my insignificant one-tenth's VHS tapes to DVDs. She seemed to be quite popular during late-movie hours. I believe it may be that for some movies near to one-fourth of all commercials which I deleted were of her.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings