Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me name this movie please!

WMmegs

There is an old movie and I can't remember the name of it. I thought it was Doris Day, but I can't find it listed in her credits. It's a movie about a woman happily married to a man, but for whatever reason she keeps receiving these random threatening phone calls. No one is ever on the line when other ppl take the phone so everyone starts to think she's crazy. It turns out it was her husband trying to drive her insane and he trys to kill her at the end when she figures it out.

Can anyone please name this movie?! Thanks!!

I saw this movie one time and I always thought it was stupid. First, the guy on the phone is playing a tape recording at a fast speed to alter his voice, but the audience doesn?t know that until the very end of the movie, and the film has his altered voice responding to her phone statements and questions early in the film. Now how is a guy going to anticipate what she will say in advance so he can prepare the proper responses for playback with the tape recording?

And she keeps answering the phone and saying, ?Who are you??? Why are you doing this??? Agggg??? Please stop!!!! Who are you????? Do any real people do this when they get a few crank phone calls? No we don?t. Nobody does it. Nor do we crack up and go insane. Even back in the 1950s, before telephone answering machines, if someone received a long series of crank phone calls, they would report them to the phone company, and if they were threatening they?d report them to the police and have the line monitored so the cops could track down the guy making the calls.

Nobody does it. Nor do we crack up and go insane. Even back in the 1950s, before telephone answering machines, if someone received a long series of crank phone calls, they would report them to the phone company, and if they were threatening they?d report them to the police and have the line monitored so the cops could track down the guy making the calls.

Especially if she's an invalid like Barbara Stanwyck.