• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Judy Garland Movies

mgm16

> So, anybody else looking forward to The Pirate

> and The Ziegfeld Follies tonight during the

> Gene Kelly tribute? B-)

I sure am! I love "The Pirate". Especially "Mack the Black". I remember first seeing it when I was in my early teens and just went wild over that number. I also love the scene where Manuela's breaking up the room(s)! wouldn't that be fun?

Meredith

This musical, together with Yolanda and the Thief, represent some of the most ground-breaking musicals ever made at MGM, and some even consider them to have been to sophisticated to draw in big crowds when they were originally released... I absolutely agree that both have great and unforgettable numbers! :D

> > You could tape it, or record it if you have

> > satellite.

> >

> > Just out of curiosity (and I am totally prepared

> to

> > be a laughingstock), what is LAX?

>

>

> L.A. Int'l Airport.

Yep - I'll be at the airport. Oh well.... it's not like I don't know the entire movie by heart, anyway! It's one of my favorites.

Meredith

> Where does the X come in?

The "X" in LAX

Before the 1930s, existing airports used a two-letter abbreviation based on the weather station at the airports. So, at that time, LA served as the designation for Los Angeles International Airport. But, with the rapid growth in the aviation industry, the designations expanded to three letters, and LA became LAX. The letter X does not otherwise have any specific meaning in this identifier. Moreover, the X perhaps indicates a blank letter or empty space in the code. Portland International Airport in Oregon also has a similar code PDX.[5] People today now believe that the "X" stands for exchange as "LAX" is also used for the International Port of Los Angeles, located in San Pedro, CA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_International_Airport

Archived