Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"In the Spotlight"

Vecchiolarry - you're cracking me up with these posts....I guess his ding-a-ling was there somewhere - that last photo looks like he has a potato that he's trying to show everyone - or maybe he has piles. When I first saw the photo I thought it looked sorta like a woman with ****.

Message was edited by:

movielover11

Message was edited by:

movielover11

Movielover,

Oh please, piles - - I hope not!!!!

And, aren't you the naughty one - - but I'm sure you were thinking about a good Idaho spud!!!

And, speaking of ****, brings us to the word 'hump' - - - oh better not go there or this will become "The Naughty Thread"....

Alright, everyone - onto your 'naughty mats'.....

You do break me up!!!

Larry

null

Hi,

Not being familiar with the vile pile problem, I don't pay attention to those commercials. In fact, I rarely pay attention to commercials (I may start a thread on that!! - good subject).

But, I have been told that I may have that to look forward to as old age creeps up on me. So, I may just run out and buy a rubber donut, just in case.

I guess he does look in distress about something, hopefully the fight......

Now, I guess we better not hijack Mongo's thread any worse thatn we have..

Sorry, Joe.....

Larry

I never heard of John Payne - but he sure looks good. I think he looks a tad like Sylvester Stallone in Rocky in that boxing photo. He looks like he's "all-man" in the photo - movielover - take a closer look - he doesn't look like he has any "shortcomings" to me - your posts were making me laugh though.

Twister, did ya ever hear about Marlon Brando on the set of "The Godfather"? As James Caan tells it, Brando dropped his pants and while mooning the crew he spead his chubby cheeks and exposed his hemorrhoids. Ugh.

Hi Mongo!

Didn't Jane Russell storm off the set of a live, late-night talk show, when the host (can't remember who) questioned her about an affair with John Payne? It seems like he asked if it was true that they had had a child together. I remember her getting up and marching off, and the host was totally flummoxed. Do you have any info on that?

Nancy

Nancy,

What a jerk that guy must have been to ask such a question of Jane Russell.

I never heard a bad word about her, although I think she was arrested for drunk driving way back when.

Miss Russell was quite religious and adopted several children from Europe after WWII and placed hundreds more through her WAIF program.

Although she made her name as a sex symbol, I've heard her say on TV, "Compared to the current crop of women, I was Little Bo Peep!!".......

Larry

I'm pretty sure that it was Johnny Carson. I thought he was pretty creepy, and then later all the stories of his power in Hollywood came to light. As I recall, it seems like she was going to discuss her volunteer work, and he just wanted to dish the dirt. I thought she was really the winner in that confrontation, because she simply walked off the stage (apparently NO ONE crossed him.) He tried to laugh it off, but kept coming back to it like worrying a sore tooth. Does anyone out here remember that incident? It also seems like John Payne had just died.

Nancy, I never heard or read anything about such twaddle regarding Jane Russell and John Payne. And I can't imagine Johnny Carson asking such a question.

Miss G, that is a nice portrait of John Payne.

Hi,

I think Jane Russell was pretty much a lady compared to some of those girls.

I've heard her say on TV that she told Howard Hughes to 'quit the clowning around' when he got frisky. And, he kept her on contract for years, so he must have respected her.

Also, I never heard anything negative about John Payne. In fact, he was pretty much invisible to me back then. I never really noticed him until recently.

If there was any scandal then, Betty Blythe or Edie Goetz would know about it, probably before Hedda or Louella.

In fact, they probably told them

Larry

I'm pretty sure that it was Johnny Carson. I thought he was pretty creepy, and then later all the stories of his power in Hollywood came to light. As I recall, it seems like she was going to discuss her volunteer work, and he just wanted to dish the dirt.>>

Knitter,

I don't think it was Carson. He was the consumate old school late night host and asking a question like that does not sound like Carson.

Sounds more like something Joan Rivers would have asked either as the guest host of The Tonight Show or on her own late night talk show.