Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SilentComedians.com is ONLINE - New Website

silentcomedians

I want to welcome you to our new website:

http://www.silentcomedians.com/

We have Forums for most silent comedians including Chaplin, Keaton, Lloyd as well as the lesser known comics.

We've included some bios and filmographies as well.

Register to post on our Forums and get a free Blog to share your thoughts on not just silent comedians/comedy, but on any subject you'd like.

Also, if anyone would like to submit any essays or articles written on silent comedy or any particular silent comedian, email us and we'll put it on the site.

We hope that the community of silent comedy fans will help us grow this site to be a central location where all aspects of silent comedy can be discussed.

We encourage any comments or suggestions on our "Contact" page.

Thank you all, and enjoy silentcomedians.com

Thanks for setting this up. I registered and look forward to the conversations to occur there. Obviously some things are still evolving. The tabbing off feature to the filmographies was hard to use at first because they are intermittently invisible. Also the filmography for Arbuckle is not seperated by studios as Chaplin's is. Will we have filmographies also for the lesser knowns listed in the forums?

spadeneal

Spadeneal,

The pleasure in starting silentcomedians.com is all mine. This was a long time coming for fans of silent comedy.

As far as some of the problems, yes, the site is still evolving and for the most part "a work in progress".

I did separate the Arbuckle filmography into Keystone and Comique.

The invisibility problem is my own tribute to Claude Rains. Okay, you got me there.

The software I am using to create the site apparently has a bug when doing menus.

I'm hoping a fix will cure this in the near future.

Right now, I'm hoping to get the word out that this website exists. I would hope fans from the newsgroups will join us.

I plan on adding biographies in the future, but for now I need to spread the word.

Thank you for your support