Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM review = 49th parallel

wheel123

just watcvhed this on my taped TCM movies

though many think highly of this film, i found it filled with almost unbearable situations that really made me wonder about the canadians, hehe. ok, not really, but still, whoever wrote the situations on how each end shoulda thought more about them.

the acting seems so rehearsed and fake.

i did like the situation where the mounted police seek the peoples help in the city courtyard to find the 3 nazis that are among them. raymond masseys situation was good, and i enjoyed the nazi who wanted to stay with the simple crop yielding people.

leslie howards walk to the cave was cool, but....... he just isnt a manly buff character and with him playing that part made me laugh. howard lived in a tent in a rustic camp and is a guy who would die without running water, in my opinion

the nazi characters stayed in character as tough strict nazis throughout movie, those who wouldnt adapt into a situation to save their lives, which to me was just stupid. they acted so suspiscious the entire time, and i think anyone who came in contact with them would be scared

a 2 hour flick, that if u enjoy a serious movie but without unrealistic reality, its worth a watch

on my watch scale from 1-5, id give it a 3