Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Arch Hall, Jr. / The Sadist

Dewey1960

I'm wondering how people felt about last night's TCM Underground presentation of THE SADIST with the incredible Arch Hall, Jr. This tin-pot shocker from 1963 has always been one of my favorites and I was particularly pleased to see it turn up on TCM. Rob Zombie, as usual, did a fine job with the intro, providing lots of interesting background on young Arch. In its day THE SADIST was considered very strong stuff; brutally violent and nail-bitingly suspenseful. I think it holds up pretty well. Hats off to TCM, Rob Zombie and Arch Hall, Jr. for airing this terrifying B-movie classic!

I didn't see it last night - a bout with the flu has lain me up this holiday. But I have seen The Sadist, and have it on DVD. It's quite impressive given its low budget trappings and considering the usual fare this particular "star" appeared in.

What did you think of "Wild Guitar"? Another one I already know, so I didn't watch. I have always wanted to see the "Private Screenings" with Ray Dennis Steckler. I suspect that either Rob Zombie or Ben M. would be a bit more suited for such a sit down than Robert Osborne, pace. I've heard that Ray's health has been a concern of late, so it should be done sooner rather than later. But RDS would be such a great TCM interview subject - he's a one of a kind Hollywood character from a Hollywood that, like the old studio system, is now gone also.

spadeneal

I enjoyed 'The Sadist' quite a bit but how come TCM aired such an awful, full screen print (it looked like a worn, 16mm college circuit print) instead of the crisp, wide screen version that Rob was showing excerpts from during his intro?

• 3 weeks later...