Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Disappeared" or Removed Threads

ElCid

No problem with moderators locking or removing threads.  However, I do believe an email or personal message should be sent to the thread creator when one is removed entirely.

Not sure why some threads are locked with an explanation and others just "disappear."  Maybe a moderator or administrator can explain?

Obviously some are locked, like the Tiffany Vasquez one to prevent further disapproval posts from appearing, in an attempt to put out the fire, and make it appear all hunky dory. Kind of like the E-Channel constantly reporting on the Kardashians as if they have a really favorable following who think they are talented.

Removed threads may be due to behaviour not unlike that of James Bulger or his cronies.

Just guessing...

I think we should ask the Russians for help with this.

Good call, Tor!

I think we need a double agent to infiltrate the upper echelon of the joint, and then spill the beans without blowing their cover.

Someone like Kim Philby who was the Brit's intelligence officer who was also a KGB mole.

No problem with moderators locking or removing threads.  However, I do believe an email or personal message should be sent to the thread creator when one is removed entirely.

Not sure why some threads are locked with an explanation and others just "disappear."  Maybe a moderator or administrator can explain?

I have also had individual posts disappear. I guess the moderators don't like attempts at humor that go "thud". Sort of like the on-line equivalent of the vaudeville "hook".

I have also had individual posts disappear. I guess the moderators don't like attempts at humor that go "thud". Sort of like the on-line equivalent of the vaudeville "hook".

Well, I would've gone more for some analogy like "Jaye P. Morgan gonging you", but don't worry DGF, I still get the general idea here.

• Like 1

..or Morgan Fairchild.

Oh, you mean one of the few celebs who actually found herself a GOOD plastic surgeon?!

(...'cause whoever he is, he sure keeps that woman lookin' mighty good, and not like so many other actresses who've gone under the knife and end up lookin', well, pretty darn scary)

Say, is that J. P. Morgan, or Morgan Woodward?

And speaking of "scary"...

That there Morgan Woodward dude and with the face HE had, could sure play those kind'a roles really well...

648.jpg

I think we should ask the Russians for help with this.

Or we can ask one of my favorite current actors, Morgan Freeman. I think Morgan played the President of the United States in a movie, so he must know something.

When threads and posts disappear without any kind of warning or explanation, all I can say is that it reminds me very much of the censorship in the Soviet Union and the Soviet Bloc during the Cold War. Maybe it's best not to ask questions.

"Ne tvayo delo".

Morgan Woodward appeared in many episodes of Bonanza

and Gunsmoke. He often played a tough guy who by the

end of the show had mended his ways and let his good

side win out. He had an obviously pock marked face, not

sure about the cause, maybe some disease or skin

condition.

Does anyone have any idea what happened to my new thread that was called Draft Dodger Donald Trump/Robber Baron Trump?

I think I wrote it today, now I can't find it.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have Alzheimer's???LOL

The moderator merged it into one of the other Trump threads and indicated so by posting a message in that thread.   The moderator also did something similar a few days ago with a HRC thread.    

Does anyone have any idea what happened to my new thread that was called Draft Dodger Donald Trump/Robber Baron Trump?

I think I wrote it today, now I can't find it.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have Alzheimer's???LOL

It was "disappeared."

What I find amusing (sort of) is when I log in and find likes to a post I made.  Then click on one and get a notice "Sorry, we couldn't find that."  TCM speak for the site has been removed.

• Like 1

The moderator merged it into one of the other Trump threads and indicated so by posting a message in that thread.   The moderator also did something similar a few days ago with a HRC thread.    

I thought when they did that, they left the thread title, but indicated it had been moved.  Or do they only do that when move thread from one section to another?

See my post re: likes and couldn't find it.

I thought when they did that, they left the thread title, but indicated it had been moved.  Or do they only do that when move thread from one section to another?

See my post re: likes and couldn't find it.

The moderator merged the COMMENTS from that other thread into an existing thread and then deleted that (the more recent)  thread.   If they changed the title to that EXISTING thread that would be confusing (since the existing \ remaining thread had been around a lot longer then the one that was deleted).     

Again, the moderate did post a comment in the existing (remaining) thread that they moved the comments.   So at least we were informed.  

The moderator merged the COMMENTS from that other thread into an existing thread and then deleted that (the more recent)  thread.   If they changed the title to that EXISTING thread that would be confusing (since the existing \ remaining thread had been around a lot longer then the one that was deleted).     

Again, the moderate did post a comment in the existing (remaining) thread that they moved the comments.   So at least we were informed.  

I noticed this earlier, and wasn't aware the moderator was now merging threads. Are all the posts from the defunct thread merged into the surviving thread, or only certain posts..?

I noticed this earlier, and wasn't aware the moderator was now merging threads. Are all the posts from the defunct thread merged into the surviving thread, or only certain posts..?

More importantly, how do we know where they went?  This is especially true for those of us who may go a day or two without logging in.