Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For fellow *Sinatra Fans, I just got.....

spence

A tip for any fellow fans of *"THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD: FRANCIS (Albert) SINATRA-(l9l5-l998)

I've written previously about the superbly run "Fan-Club" -(out of Lakeland, FL for some reason?)

"The International *SINATRA Society"-(sadly, it closed a few years back though)

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get some jazz-(as he woulda' phrased-it) via them

"Tee-Shirt" "Baseball Cap" & saved all the massive amount of mags,etc they sent

Among my most valued pieces of memorabilia of anykind, is a difficult to find *"Sinatra Bobblehead" For yrs you couldn't locate one & yet, they even have them for the likes of "The Pope" "Sadaam Hussein" "Hillary" & "Trump" & many others???

I somehow located it via the net & via "The California Angels"-(his fav. Baseball club)

It's now well-known that it's Nancy Sinatra-(l940-) that controls all of his merchandise,etc

But, this was a marvelous *FS T-Shirt-(through a weird off the wall company (www.t-mind.com) they constantly advertize on the home FB page & also have these shirts on *John Wayne, *Bogie, Marilyn, Elvis, DiMaggio & lots of others. a few others w/*Frank on them as well, but I chose 1 w/image of him, smoking a cig, fedora-(with white band as opposed to the all black hat/fedora I got at the St. Pete Pier a few yrs ago, even has his signature inside. The white band woulda' been a nightmare to keep clean.

& it says "Frank Sinatra (l9l5-l998) That's Life" & in green-(due to me being "Irish" & such) & the imqage is approx. around '58, his finest musical era dubbed "The Ava & Capitol Records" years & there's shirts of much older & younger *FS

& still have another t-shirt of him on it, in his "Tony Rome Era" But this one is superior

& I'm well aware she also has her detractors, but very much wanted to add "Madonna's' to the list, but strangely, a lot of them are also difficult to locate?

So, for anyone else that wants one, check out that website & I'll even post the toll free no. (1-877-548-7821) 9 to 5 & it ran me about $30.00, but I got a larger one myself & even for you non fans, your likely to find one or more on somebody else

(P.S. some of the other memorabilia/designer t-shirts I own to date; "W.C. Fields"-(very rare thesedays), "2 TCM's,' "2 Honeymooners, including "Hello Ball" & once a fellow "TCM-ITE" Holly got me an official "Hell's Kitchen," one 1 of the original 1934 "Three Stooges" & a "Shemp shirt," "HOLLYWOOD"-(got it when out there the 1st time in '99)

"Warner Bros." & I spent & got a lot in the souvenir shop towards the back of "The Roosevelt Hotel" but for some reason didn't get a t-shirt, though still have 1 in a "Ball Cap" of the legendary hotel!

Wish I could locate 1 of *"THE GREAT: SPENCER TRACY" though???-(probably of him in his 1st of 2nd consecutive; Best actor victories for 1937's "Captains Courageous" (M-G-M)

& on that note, also tried to collect all of "The Legends of Hollywood' postal stamps & there was one of *Tracy all-set too, but his grandson Joe TRACY ruined it & apparently they just chucke'd the lot!? U.S. Postal service had 2 on display>"Edward My, Son" (l949-MGM/British) & "Boys Town" (l938-M-G-M) But, Joe wanted another off the wall version & that was it!!! Personally, I would have voted for the stamp as "Father Flanagan"(l886-l948)

& PLEASE ALSO COMMENT/CHIME-IN IF YOU ARE ALSO-(besides being a fellow "Moviebuff" & "TCM-ITE" & also collect all things MOVIE RELATED???

I was also lucky in that about 15yrs ago I purchased the original "Ceramic TCM Coffee Mug" & something also now gone & it's cool "TCM Gangster Wrist Watch" By Bill Cole & even came w/a marvelous tin can

& this is very bizarre, & I've actually asked this on these boards a couple of times but not 1 soul replied about it I was given as a gift, "SCENE-IT?" The TCM version that was about a decade ago WHO EITHER KNOWS OF THIS VERSION, OR ACTUALLY HAS THE TRIVIAAME ITSELF?-(it's really neat, it comes w/little puter pieces of: "KANE" "KONG" "WIZARD OF OZ" "M. FALCON"

THANK YOU

• Like 1

A tip for any fellow fans of *"THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD: FRANCIS (Albert) SINATRA-(l9l5-l998)

I've written previously about the superbly run "Fan-Club" -(out of Lakeland, FL for some reason?)

Among my most valued pieces of memorabilia of anykind, is a difficult to find *"Sinatra Bobblehead" For yrs you couldn't locate one & yet, they even have them for the likes of "The Pope" "Sadaam Hussein" & many others???

I somehow located it via the net & via "The California Angels"-(his fav. Baseball club)

It's now well-known that it's Nancy Sinatra-(l940-) that controls all of his merchandise,etc

But, this was a marvelous *FS T-Shirt-(through a weird off the wall comp.(www.tmind.com) they constantly advertize on the home FB page & also have these shirts on *John Wayne, *Bogie, Marilyn, Elvis, DiMaggio & lots of others. a few others w/*Frank on them as well, but I chose 1 w/image of him, smoking a cig, fedora-(with white band as opposed to the all black hat/fedora I got at the St. Pete Pier a few yrs ago, even has his signature inside. The white band woulda' been a nightmare to keep clean.

& it says "Frank Sinatra (l9l5-l998) That's Life" & in green-(due to me being "Irish" & such)

still have another t-shirt of him on it, in his "Tony Rome Era" But this one is superior

So, for anyone else that wants one, check out that website & I'll even post the toll free no. (1-877-548-7821) 9 to 5 & it ran me about $30.00, but I got a larger one myself & even for you non fans, your likely to find one or more on somebody else

THANK YOU

Great post, Spence but I'm looking for the "What About Bob?" Bobblehead Doll of Bill Murray that has kept me searching Ebay for years.

Any trace of that in your meanderings?

• Like 1

Great post, Spence but I'm looking for the "What About Bob?" Bobblehead Doll of Bill Murray that has kept me searching Ebay for years.

To CaveGirl, are you serious, or just being mean for some reason?

Obviously I was also just attempting to help out others that may want to get the same t-shirt & tipping them onto possibly something/somebody else available?

Gee, if society in this era did a little bit more, as I'm trying to do, things might be a slight better off?

To CaveGirl, don't you try & collect movie memorabilia as well? It kinda' goes along w/anybody's love of "THE MOVIES"

I used to have a pal that collected sooo-many vhs'-(then) & tons of soundtracks, to the point he had to keep them in a storage bin.

"mean"?

No, my cousin collects bobblehead dolls and wants one of Bill Murray in "What About Bob?"

He has quite a big collection and some very strange ones. I did tell him about your Sinatra post and emailed him a copy since I knew he'd be interested in your research.

To CaveGirl, don't you try & collect movie memorabilia as well? It kinda' goes along w/anybody's love of "THE MOVIES"

I used to have a pal that collected sooo-many vhs'-(then) & tons of soundtracks, to the point he had to keep them in a storage bin.

Yes, I do and I thank you for any info on such movie memorabilia as you have given us!

• Like 1

Among my most valued pieces of memorabilia of anykind, is a difficult to find *"Sinatra Bobblehead" For yrs you couldn't locate one & yet, they even have them for the likes of "The Pope" "Sadaam Hussein" "Hillary" & "Trump" & many others???

But, this was a marvelous *FS T-Shirt-(through a weird off the wall company (www.t-mind.com) they constantly advertize on the home FB page & also have these shirts on *John Wayne, *Bogie, Marilyn, Elvis, DiMaggio & lots of others. a few others w/*Frank on them as well, but I chose 1 w/image of him, smoking a cig, fedora-(with white band as opposed to the all black hat/fedora I got at the St. Pete Pier a few yrs ago, even has his signature inside. The white band woulda' been a nightmare to keep clean.

& it says "Frank Sinatra (l9l5-l998) That's Life" & in green-(due to me being "Irish" & such) & the imqage is approx. around '58, his finest musical era dubbed "The Ava & Capitol Records" years & there's shirts of much older & younger *FS

& still have another t-shirt of him on it, in his "Tony Rome Era" But this one is superior

& I'm well aware she also has her detractors, but very much wanted to add "Madonna's' to the list, but strangely, a lot of them are also difficult to locate?

(P.S. some of the other memorabilia/designer t-shirts I own to date; "W.C. Fields"-(very rare thesedays), "2 TCM's,' "2 Honeymooners, including "Hello Ball" & once a fellow "TCM-ITE" Holly got me an official "Hell's Kitchen," one 1 of the original 1934 "Three Stooges" & a "Shemp shirt," "HOLLYWOOD"-(got it when out there the 1st time in '99)

"Warner Bros." & I spent & got a lot in the souvenir shop towards the back of "The Roosevelt Hotel" but for some reason didn't get a t-shirt, though still have 1 in a "Ball Cap" of the legendary hotel!

Wish I could locate 1 of *"THE GREAT: SPENCER TRACY" though???-(probably of him in his 1st of 2nd consecutive; Best actor victories for 1937's "Captains Courageous" (M-G-M)

& on that note, also tried to collect all of "The Legends of Hollywood' postal stamps & there was one of *Tracy all-set too, but his grandson Joe TRACY ruined it & apparently they just chucke'd the lot!? U.S. Postal service had 2 on display>"Edward My, Son" (l949-MGM/British) & "Boys Town" (l938-M-G-M) But, Joe wanted another off the wall version & that was it!!! Personally, I would have voted for the stamp as "Father Flanagan"(l886-l948)

& PLEASE ALSO COMMENT/CHIME-IN IF YOU ARE ALSO-(besides being a fellow "Moviebuff" & "TCM-ITE" & also collect all things MOVIE RELATED???

I was also lucky in that about 15yrs ago I purchased the original "Ceramic TCM Coffee Mug" & something also now gone & it's cool "TCM Gangster Wrist Watch" By Bill Cole & even came w/a marvelous tin can

& this is very bizarre, & I've actually asked this on these boards a couple of times but not 1 soul replied about it I was given as a gift, "SCENE-IT?" The TCM version that was about a decade ago WHO EITHER KNOWS OF THIS VERSION, OR ACTUALLY HAS THE TRIVIAAME ITSELF?-(it's really neat, it comes w/little puter pieces of: "KANE" "KONG" "WIZARD OF OZ" "M. FALCON"

THANK YOU

Geez, you use more asterisks than Sans Fin uses colons.

• Like 1

Yes, I do and I thank you for any info on such movie memorabilia as you have given us!

To CaveGirl, as I wrote about in the past, we all should even have a "category" for "Movie-memorabilia!?

& when you can, check out your pvt. messenging I have info on that Bill Murray item, plus I'm now of course curious about the "movie-memorabelia" you've also collected-(when approx. did you start?)

& remember the marvelous magazine "Films of The Golden Age?" & it's sister "Classic Images" both somewhat specialized in collecting this jazz-(as *"The Chairman" woulda' phrased-it) & I used to have a sub. to the fmr for years & it was an issue of it-(I save all that stuff, including tons of "NP Guide's" & even a few issues of "AMC" when it was a normal movie network, actually, also won a Western themed poster from that network) I dihressed, sorry, it had pt of an issue on "Classic Stars Cemetaries" & including *"The Great: Tracy" very top (318 acres) "F. Lawn" in GLENDALE, CALIF

& have you ever been to whats left of an empire called "HOLLYWOODLAND"-(1923-49) as it read???

THANK YOU

And who else has seen "Dirty Dingus McGee" (l970) (***) & his only other Western of (4) 1956's "Johnny Concho?" & believe it or not, given he's my runner-up hero & idol, have yet to be able to see "Sergeant's 3?" & as Leonard Maltin says & I usually agree w/the longtime critic/film historian, except his often too stingey w/his "star ratings" That the often laughed at 1948 "The Kissing Bandit" (MGM) (**) is'nt all that awful as it's rep says?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings