Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

christmas movies

KevinL

looking for list of best Holiday films that you wont see on Cable...ie I just bought the 1930s Beyond Christmas (original title Beyond Tomorrow) with Harry Carry as well as the recent A&E Hercule Poirots Christmas, both are awesome...any thoughts? Very much love the period pieces...no modern remakes please. Doesnt have to be a "pure" Christmas Movie either ie the first Harry Potter film had a neat Christmas scene.

Well here are 2 movies that are not on DVD or VHS and they will be on in December so make sure you record them so you can have them in your collection.

Remember the Night (1940)

Barbara Stanwyck

Fred MacMurray

THIS MOVIE WILL BE AIRED ON TCM 12/17 @ 8PM

Holiday Affair (1946)

Janet Leigh

Robert Mitchum

Wendell Corey

THIS MOVIE WILL BE AIRED ON TCM :

Dec 02, 08:30AM

Dec 08, 08:00PM

Dec 24, 04:30AM

Both would be more in the romantic comedy mold. "Remember The Night" has a very good reputation. "Holiday Affair" is a nice film but I don't think people would put in quite the same category as "Remember The Night." Both are worth your time in my opinion.

For more details on "Remember The Night" go over to "My Favorite Christmas Movies" thread and there is a better description awaiting you.

Between Your Favorites, Hot Topics and General Discussions, there must be 5 or 6 threads about Christmas movies. Rather than posting all of them, try checking them out, you'll get ll kinds of ideas for movies about Christmas, and with just small sections about Christmas in them. For instance, 'All Mine to Give' is a very sad story about a young boy leaving his brothers and sisters at neighbors homes on Christmas Eve after their parents die. Then 'Meet Me in St. Louis' has a large portion devoted to Christmas. Finally, 'The Christmas Story' is totally about Christmas, and a little boys' dream of the present he wants from Santa that year.

Have fun while scrolling.

Anne

P.S. This is from 'Your Favorite Holiday Movies' under General Discussions.

It's A Wonderful Life

Holiday Inn

White Christmas

Christmas In Connecticut

National Lampoon's Cgristmas Vacation

Miracle On 34th Street

A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott Version)

A Christmas Story

Planes, Trains & Automobilrs (Great Thanksgiving Movie)

Message was edited by: Saw a better answer

mrsl