Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WAS THIS ACTUALLY A MOVIE?

Okay...here goes nothing.

When I was growing up in the 70's, there was this show called DIALING FOR DOLLARS on the local ABC affiliate. Basically, they showed B-movies and gave away junk around the commercial breaks. One day, I THINK I saw a scene from one of the movies, but the memory is so vague...who knows...it could have been a dream!

Anyway...please tell me if this scene sounds familiar. Could have been from some 60's exploitation flick...or a really bad suspense film...or something like that...DFD used to show a lot of AIP type stuff.

Here's the scene. There's a little boy sitting next to what looks like a train transformer...and there's a fuse connected to it and it's lit. In the background, his mother is sitting in a chair and playing a harp. The boy is shoving cupcakes in his mouth as we see the fuse pass his knees. All of a sudden, it explodes setting the room on fire -- killing the boy and the mother instantly.

I know...sounds bizarre...but I swear I saw it. Does this sound familiar to anybody? Please give me a title so I can hit the IMDB.

THANKS....MIKE

Are you sure the kid died because there was a black comedy Arrivederci, Baby! with Tony Curtis but his character was the kid but was the one that set the bomb and grew-up ,throughout the movie married and murdered his wives T.CM. database has the complete synopsis.

Thank you Mary!!! Yes That's it! Arrivederci Baby! My memory was a bit foggy but that's the movie!

Now...I have to find it. Unfortunately, it's not out on DVD and chances are TCM won't be showing it because it's a PARAMOUNT film. Oh well...someday.

mike

• 2 months later...