Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

:::Robert Montgomery:::

Hello,

I'm new to pre-codes, and someone (thanks BIRDY) referred me to this forum. I can't believe I hadn't noticed it before, especially after starting a new thread on it in General Discussions.

I'm looking for any info on early Robert Montgomery pre-codes... If you have seen them, I'd love to hear about them! If you want to tell me a favorite one or the best one, that'd be great too! Thanks,

bhf1940

I am also a movie lover from the sticks...Faithless is my favorite Montgomery pre code. It stars Robert with Talluleah Bankhead. She loses her fortune and has to start walking the streets to save his health. Maybe it will pop up on TCM again.Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I'm a HUGE Robert Montgomery fan and its hard for me to pick a favorite movie so I won't try. This past January when Robert was the star-of-the-month was so wonderful. I can only hope that TCM airs those movies, or at least some of them again soon.

Hey LCJenne!

I saw you up in the Hide-Out thread and recommended here, but I see you've already explored! Robert Montgomery is just the most adorable person... I can't think of any modern stars that even compare to him! Glad to have another fellow fan on these boards ;)

I wish they would have him as SOTM again but that is highly unlikely anytime soon. I looked up some photos not too long ago on this site and mistakenly thought he was SOTM this January. You can imagine my dismay. I'm still smarting over that one! :(

Thanks bobhopefan for the direction. Some days I really need it! LOL. I'm always happy to chat w/fans of classic movies and stars. RM is one of my favorites along w/Gary Cooper, Joel McCrea and a few others. I wish they would replay some of RM's early movies. I missed a few of the ones they showed back in January and hope that maybe when his b-day rolls around they will honor him like they do for so many stars.

"Private Lives" with Norma Shearer is another must-see. They play a divorced couple who meet on their respective new honeymoons. This is a brilliant little film -- possibly better than "Man in Possession."

I have all of these on TCM recorded DVDs if you need copies.

Of course we all know Robert Montgomery was the father of Elizabeth Montgomery ("Bewitched" fame), but a bit of trivia for those who don't.

True, and there's a resemblance between the two, particularly in the yes. Plus, as far as acting, they had the distinction of being able to act effortessly in both comedy and suspense/drama.

It's not a PreCode, but I recently saw Night Must Fall and thought Mr. Montgomery was outstanding and chillingly masterful.

Cranky said:

It's not a PreCode, but I recently saw Night Must Fall and thought Mr. Montgomery was outstanding and chillingly masterful.

Yes, yes! I love Night Must Fall... I love the fact that even though he was a horrible murderer we still fall in love with him. How could you not? He was as charming as ever. My favorite scenes include when Russell goes and takes the hat box, saving him from being found out. And the kitchen scene, when they are both up late.

I actually loved his accent... Thought it wasn't bad.

bhf1940