Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help! Looking for the title of a movie with a dog and little girl

carouselx6

I watched this movie on Tom a while back. It may have been set during WWII. It was about a little girl who was living on a farm with an elderly male relative (grandpa?) who passes away. Afterwards, not knowing what else to do, she starts to walk to town. On the way she befriends a lost dog, who turns out to have antibodies to some disease. I think the girl and dog are taken in by the town doctor. By the end of the movie the dog winds up saving the day when the girl gets sick. Does anyone know what the title of this movie is?

Welcome to the boards..!

I know which film you're thinking of, and it has never aired on TCM. It's a Republic picture from 1947 starring a very young Natalie Wood. 

It's called DRIFTWOOD and can be streamed on Amazon Prime. 

I see you're helping spread the word about this fine major studio,   Republic!      :D

• Like 1

Thank you so much! It was a really good movie... I'm going to watch it with my kids. Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Your kids are in for a treat. 

I see you're helping spread the word about this fine major studio,   Republic!      :D

That's right. LOL I appreciate the OP making it so easy to do! DRIFTWOOD has a good plot about the use of vaccines on kids. TCM should have shown it when they had the Science in the Movies spotlight a few years ago. One of the Republic's best from '47.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings