Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hillary Clinton - take 4

It's to bad you can't take those popular votes to a store and get a deposit on them. It's more like invisible money.

Even Rachel Maddow understand this.    On her show yesterday she showed that the national polling results days prior to the election were inline with the final popular vote margin.   Then she made a joke that the polls got right something that was meaningless and didn't matter, and wow that was great!

Yeah, like the same handful of battleground states every year, while they ignore the rest of the country...........

Not exactly, Trump won by winning safe Democratic states.  Perhaps that was Clinton's problem that she did ignore the safely Blue states and Trump didn't.

Even Rachel Maddow understand this.    On her show yesterday she showed that the national polling results days prior to the election were inline with the final popular vote margin.   Then she made a joke that the polls got right something that was meaningless and didn't matter, and wow that was great!

Maddow has a talent for reporting on very interesting, but obscure things.  She also easily misinterprets them to support her preconceived ideas.

The bottom line is the popular vote is good for PR purposes, but little else.  The EC is what counts - yesterday, today and tomorrow.  It is not going away.

Maddow has a talent for reporting on very interesting, but obscure things. She also easily misinterprets them to support her preconceived ideas.

The bottom line is the popular vote is good for PR purposes, but little else. The EC is what counts - yesterday, today and tomorrow. It is not going away.

I wouldn't bet on that.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Do you even know what it takes for the EC to be replaced?   It would require a constitutional amendment.  That would require 2\3 of the states to approve it.   Since more than 2\3 of the states are 'small' states,  they would never vote to do away with the EC since the EC grants them additional power. 

In addition most smaller states are run by the GOP.   Even if that was to change and Dems controlled a majority of small states it would be the Dems that would then benefit from the EC and therefore they wouldn't want to get rid of the EC.

I don't say this to defend the EC,  but only because it is a political reality.    Note that the ERA couldn't be passed and replacing the EC is even a bigger long shot. 

• Like 3

Do you even know what it takes for the EC to be replaced?   It would require a constitutional amendment.  That would require 2\3 of the states to approve it.   Since more than 2\3 of the states are 'small' states,  they would never vote to do away with the EC since the EC grants them additional power. 

In addition most smaller states are run by the GOP.   Even if that was to change and Dems controlled a majority of small states it would be the Dems that would then benefit from the EC and therefore they wouldn't want to get rid of the EC.

I don't say this to defend the EC,  but only because it is a political reality.    Note that the ERA couldn't be passed and replacing the EC is even a bigger long shot. 

If the EC were replaced, would there then be demand to eliminate two senators per state?  Probably.  What about the number of people each representative in House represents?  Some states might lose their only rep. unless some other states (CA?) got more reps.

Interestingly the ERA was one state shy of being adopted until Phyllis Schlafy started her successful campaign against it.  Several states had revoked their adoptions by then which would also have raised a Constitutional question.

Regardless the EC is not going away.  It favors the Republicans presently and they control the federal government and most state governments.   When that changes, the Dems. won't want to get rid of it.

In 1960 Richard Nixon campaigned im all 50 states and he won-- I think?

Ca signifie quoi? Which is French for 'So'? Do I detect a bit of irony, here.

:)

Just taking a stab here, I didn't say or mean to say that candidates should necessarily campaign in all States, just they would have campaigned differently if the rules were most popular votes instead of EC.

Poihaps I'm missing your little joke?

;)

Ca signifie quoi? Which is French for 'So'? Do I detect a bit of irony, here.

:)

Just taking a stab here, I didn't say or mean to say that candidates should necessarily campaign in all States, just they would have campaigned differently if the rules were most popular votes instead of EC.

Poihaps I'm missing your little joke?

;)

This was no joke unless it was a joke on Richard Nixon.

The Election Is Really, Really Over Now — And Donald Trump Is The Winner

WASHINGTON — A Pennsylvania court on Saturday accepted the Green Party’s request to end its case seeking a statewide recount — a move that ends any remaining doubt, however slight, about whether Donald Trump is the victor in the 2016 presidential race.

BUZZ FEED >> https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/the-election-is-really-really-over-now-and-donald-trump-is-t?utm_term=.oaon5MmBQ#.rkRMd937P

TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS! 

• Like 1

The Election Is Really, Really Over Now — And Donald Trump Is The Winner

WASHINGTON — A Pennsylvania court on Saturday accepted the Green Party’s request to end its case seeking a statewide recount — a move that ends any remaining doubt, however slight, about whether Donald Trump is the victor in the 2016 presidential race.

BUZZ FEED >> https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/the-election-is-really-really-over-now-and-donald-trump-is-t?utm_term=.oaon5MmBQ#.rkRMd937P

TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS! 

Better read that link again.

December 19th is still a few weeks away. 6 days before that day, all states which intend to participate in the Electoral College must have their election certified.

When I clicked on that link I got a report saying that Jill Stein had decided to resume her Penn recount and that she was going to Court. I wasn't referring to the Dec 19 vote.

But that's an interest note. Will there be time for recounts?

When I clicked on that link I got a report saying that Jill Stein had decided to resume her Penn recount and that she was going to Court. I wasn't referring to the Dec 19 vote.

But that's an interest note. Will there be time for recounts?

I'm not an authority--but from what I've read so far if the state is in the middle of a recount,the vote is not certified and cannot be accepted by the Electoral College.

But it seems all of this has come under the jurisdiction of the federal courts-- with all the lawsuits pending --so they will make the final determination if the recounts continue or not.

I was working in France in 2000, so I really don't know the details about that recount. But from abroad, it made the United States look extremely unstable and undemocratic.

I was teaching French college students at the time and they asked me some very difficult questions about the Electoral College. Needless to say they were not impressed with my answers.LOL

Clinton decries fake news 'epidemic'

Hillary Clinton on Thursday called for a bipartisan fight against an "epidemic" of fake news, sounding the alarm one month after she lost an election buffeted by the public spread of misinformation.

"This is not about politics or partisanship," Clinton said during remarks at a tribute to retiring Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). "Lives are at risk."

Clinton's reference to the "real-world consequences" of fake news comes days after a gunman briefly occupied a Washington pizza restaurant mentioned in false reports of a child sex trafficking ring linked to the former secretary of state. But Clinton went beyond domestic sources of fake news to decry "foreign propaganda," touting a bipartisan effort in Congress to "boost the government's response" to it.

Hillary and Bill faked it for years using the system, only because she lost is it now an issue.

Senate Dems Shamed for 'Soft Bigotry' as Nearly All Top Staffers Are White

senate_dems.jpg?itok=s8nO_Mgv

The Left always accuses others of that which it is guilty of a thousandfold. So when liberals opine ad nauseam about the "racist" tendencies of Republicans and their so-called lack of diversity, it's really all a ruse -- because Senate Democrats are now being public shamed for the fact that nearly all of their top staff members are white.

TRUTH REVOLT >> http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/senate-dems-shamed-soft-bigotry-nearly-all-top-staffers-are-white

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Mika Brzezinski says Clinton campaign wanted her 'pulled off the air'

It sounds like Hillary Clinton's campaign was not above putting the screws to journalists who were critical of her during her presidential run.

During Friday’s episode of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” co-host Mika Brzezinski claimed that while Clinton and Donald Trump were battling for the White House, the Clinton campaign attempted to get her “pulled off the air.”

Brzezinski said the incident took place after she hinted that Clinton didn’t have the presidential election in the bag as many thought.

And Hillary was just talking about fake news too, yet she demanded they fake the news for her.