Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hillary Clinton - take 4

Clinton decries fake news 'epidemic'

Hillary Clinton on Thursday called for a bipartisan fight against an "epidemic" of fake news, sounding the alarm one month after she lost an election buffeted by the public spread of misinformation.

"This is not about politics or partisanship," Clinton said during remarks at a tribute to retiring Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). "Lives are at risk."

Clinton's reference to the "real-world consequences" of fake news comes days after a gunman briefly occupied a Washington pizza restaurant mentioned in false reports of a child sex trafficking ring linked to the former secretary of state. But Clinton went beyond domestic sources of fake news to decry "foreign propaganda," touting a bipartisan effort in Congress to "boost the government's response" to it.

Hillary and Bill faked it for years using the system, only because she lost is it now an issue.

Please cite your source. I'm not being stuffy here or getting on your case. It's important to know where news items come from, as you know.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Clinton clan and followers will lose interesting in bawling their eyes out, attempting recounts, exhausting the blame game and finally rely on the election being nothing more that fake news. The Real news was that Clinton won. I think Rod Serling could have done something with this.

I'm trying to think whether or not I ever said hello.

Soundtrack:

"Goodbye and Hello" ----Tim Buckley

Title significance, but that's about all. One of those longie protest songs of the late 60s. Hillary may or not have approved of this song. Not sure.

I'm trying to think whether or not I ever said hello.

Soundtrack:

"Goodbye and Hello" ----Tim Buckley

Title significance, but that's about all. One of those longie protest songs of the late 60s. Hillary may or not have approved of this song. Not sure.

I don't know your Tim Buckley - - but I do know Paul McCartney's Hello Goodbye-- it's my binary favorite.

I don't know your Tim Buckley - - but I do know Paul McCartney's Hello Goodbye-- it's my binary favorite.

I just listened to it again, after maybe 40 years. Oooh, I very nearly did a weepie at one point. Buckley wrote the lyrics himself and their quite good. Thought the images be passe, that angst still exists today. But the lyrics, effective as they are, are dated (I think).

I abstained putting it up here but if you're game and patient (the song runs nearly nine minutes) please visit yourself to youtube and lend an ear.

And I said good-bye to ashes,

And smiled hello to a giirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlll.

[weep, weep]

After listening I conclude that Hillary wouldn't go so far as this. She was young and ambitious and very much connected to the Establishment.

I Am Hillary Clinton—Fabled, Elusive Forest Dweller of Upstate New York

Of late, wistful voters from across the country have found themselves drawn to the heart of upstate New York, traversing the deep woods to find me, Hillary Clinton, formerly your Presidential front-runner, now your flaxen-haired Sasquatch of Chappaqua.

The coveted jewel of their quests, a candid selfie with me, serves as a hopeful reminder to city dwellers that I’m going to keep being alive and going outside and stuff, despite not being President. Witnesses shall return with tales of my poise and makeup-less face, not seeming to get that people generally don’t put on makeup to go on solitary walks through the woods, regardless of political standing.

Should you seek me through such a journey, you will know me by my fleece of many colors, my frisky husband, and my small dog. You will lay before me your disappointment and sorrow, and I will say, “It was all because of global warming.”

Good riddance to the corrupt one of Chappaqua, be sure to get lost in the forest like Al Gore once did.

• Like 1

I Am Hillary Clinton—Fabled, Elusive Forest Dweller of Upstate New York

Of late, wistful voters from across the country have found themselves drawn to the heart of upstate New York, traversing the deep woods to find me, Hillary Clinton, formerly your Presidential front-runner, now your flaxen-haired Sasquatch of Chappaqua.

The coveted jewel of their quests, a candid selfie with me, serves as a hopeful reminder to city dwellers that I’m going to keep being alive and going outside and stuff, despite not being President. Witnesses shall return with tales of my poise and makeup-less face, not seeming to get that people generally don’t put on makeup to go on solitary walks through the woods, regardless of political standing.

Should you seek me through such a journey, you will know me by my fleece of many colors, my frisky husband, and my small dog. You will lay before me your disappointment and sorrow, and I will say, “It was all because of global warming.”

Good riddance to the corrupt one of Chappaqua, be sure to get lost in the forest like Al Gore once did.

flaxen-haired sasquatch of chappaqua! :lol:

I wonder if the Clinton clan and followers will lose interesting in bawling their eyes out, attempting recounts, exhausting the blame game and finally rely on the election being nothing more that fake news.

The recounts will end for sure.

But their blame game will last their entire lives.

Sing me a song of a lass that is gone,

Say, could that lass be I?

Merry of soul she sailed on a day

Over the sea to Skye.

Billow and breeze, islands and seas,

Mountains of rain and sun,

All that was good, all that was fair,

All that was me is gone.

Sing me a song of a lass that is gone,

Say, could that lass be I?

Merry of soul she sailed on a day

Over the sea to Skye

Well, at least this one was easy to look up.

Hillary Clinton 'Will Hold Press Conferences' as President, Press Secretary Vows

It’s been 272 days since Hillary Clinton’s last press conference. But Clinton’s lead press secretary, Brian Fallon, vowed that if elected, “Hillary Clinton will hold press conferences.”

“But the frequency of them is something that would just play out as time went on,” he added.

On this week’s “Powerhouse Politics” podcast, Fallon promised greater interaction between Clinton and the press on the campaign trail and said he expects the Democratic nominee to hold a press conference soon.

“The amount of interaction can only go up," he said, noting that the traveling press will soon be flying with Clinton on her new campaign plane.

She never held press conference and then blames fake news for losing the election. No TV interviews either, only fundraisers.

Jill is prettier.

Far, far more intelligent too, I'd wager.

It looks like some of us are still stuck in that retro sexist bag of judging women by their looks.

When a woman runs for public office, misogyny and sexism always plays a role. And in the case of the last election that was especially true - - especially true in light of a number of posts that were on this website.

• Like 1

SNL from12-17...

Very funny.

Another extraneous thought.  All males in government and running for office wear dark navy suits 99.9% of the time.  Maybe it is time for female candidates to wear dark navy all the time?