Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Skating Scene

GlenT

Please help!!

We are looking for the title of a movie with a skating scene in it when the pair are skating/dance routine and at the end they fall into a snow bank together.

Guessing it might be 40's or 50's but again not sure.

I think this question is like the one: ?I saw this movie about a boy (or girl) who had a horse that nobody thought could ever make it to the Kentucky Derby. What?s the movie??

Or like this one: ?B&W, ?30s or ?40s, about a nice guy who falls in love with a gangster?s girlfriend.?

I think a lot of skaters in love fell into snow banks while skating in old movies.

The Christmas promo does have a scene that appears to have skaters falling into a snowbank. Actually, it is a combination of back to back clips from two different movies that, put together, looks exactly like that. The first scene shows the feet of skaters. That scene is from The Bishop's Wife. The scene that follows, with "skaters" in 19th century dress is the "sliding in front of the church" scene from the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol with Scrooge's nephew, Fred, and his fiancee.

Although this might not be the scene you're remembering, it shows that the second scene could be mistaken for skating instead of sliding.

CharlieT

• 2 weeks later...

peggy24, I just went back to youtube and watched the promo again and I noticed 2 scenes with a horse drawn sleigh. Sorry to say, I couldn't identify either of them. I know there is one in Christmas in Connecticutt and one in Holiday Inn, but neither one of these fit the bill. Also, I didn't see anyone tapping on ornaments in that version of the promo, but I know that Bing Crosby taps on ornaments on the tree with his pipe when singing White Christmas in Holiday Inn and Marjorie Reynolds repeats the action at the finale.

I know that there are experts on these boards that could identify both sleigh scenes, but I'm no expert.

CharlieT