Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Comedy Team

drdoolittle

Who are your all time favorite comedy team

Mine would have to be.

Matthau and Lemmon I thought the chemistry between those two was phenomenal. Grumpier Old Men was so comical.

I truly miss not seeing them

My second of course would be The Marx Brothers.

I love watching them when I need some cheering up.

Laurel and Hardy...........Although Ollie at times thought he was the brains he was a bungler also.He also never really hit Stan the way Lou Costello got smacked around by Bud Abbott.Their best movie was "Sons of the Desert"but I could watch Stan and Ollie for hours..........

Irene Dunne and Cary Grant (The Awful Truth, Penny Serenade [not always so comedic] and My Favorite Wife)

Madeline Kahn and Ryan O'Neal (What's Up Doc? and Paper Moon).

Although they were "teamed" in dramatic roles, it's in their comic turn Idiot's Delight that Norma Shearer and Clark Gable really delight this idiot.

I like the way Martin and Lewis incorporate their night club act into the story. The movies, as movies, aren't very good. But those lunatics! They're out of control. I can't help but laugh. Even I'm not old enough to remember this. But I've read they just set the club scene on fire. The hottest ticket in the country for years. I guess audiences had never seen anything like it.

Red River

Isn't Idiot's Delight a, well, delight?? This is one of those movies that I didn't get when I first saw it and then, years later, watching it again I was thoroughly entertained. It's a bit off-beat for an MGM comedy and it's not even strictly a comedy, right? But I've grown to love it in spite of any flaws.

Miss G

It's interesting that whenever I get a chance to show a Laurel & Hardy film to someone who's not a classic movie watcher, they always burst into the biggest laughs over their antics. Everyone, from little kids to older adults seem to get a kick out of the "lads". I love to see that happen.

Miss G