Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Film Friend

Posting Pictures

This is easily a lapse on my end since I'm new to these boards.

When I post a photo, it comes out much smaller than I would have liked, while many of the rest of you don't seem to have any trouble having your pix come out at a decent size.

What step am I missing to make them turn out bigger?

Thanks in advance.

One thing I do-- and it might help you-- is I never just take a photo off the internet without doctoring it. By this, I mean I usually import it into iPhoto and sharpen the image and if it's in sepia or the color looks bad, I change it to b&w. But more importantly, related to your concern, once I have the picture quality the way I want it, then I take a screen shot of it. The screen shot is created by me determining how big or small it will be. So I am never just copying and posting a photo from another online source. I am only posting screen shots where I have already determined the size.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but it's worth it. And if you don't have iPhoto, there are probably similar application for computers that are not Macs. But even without clarifying the image, you should still be able to take screen shots of things you find online and control the size that way.