Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mutiny on the Bounty on DVD - new release

StPeter

Can anyone answer this question? I own a 2-VHS tape version of Marlon Brando's Mutiny on the Bounty. The DVD has just been released and I'd like to buy it, but I'm wondering...

Does anyone know if this newly released version contains the not oft-seen opening scenes where the British finally find Pitcairn Island and they are talking to the botanist (Brown) who, in fact, narrates the film? He tells the British sailors that the original mutineers have all but died off, either killing each other or themselves, or from natural causes.

Then the film goes into the flashback that everyone knows. And at the end, it returns to the Island and the botanist. The soldiers tell him they are returning to England and will leave him in peace.

I've only seen this piece of the film once (maybe twice) on the old Million Dollar Movie that used to show in the New York area.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

StPeter

St.Peter, This is what I found: Format: AC-3, Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Dubbed, Original recording remastered, Special Edition, Subtitled, Widescreen, NTSC

Language: English

Number of discs: 2

Rating: G

Studio: Warner Home Video

DVD Release Date: November 7, 2006

Run Time: 185 minutes

@IMDb.com said the film ran 178minutes so I would think the additions were added. I too remember Million Dollar Movie

Hope this Helps...

vallo

When TCM showed it a while back, it was 185 (or about) minutes - there's an Overture and an Entr'acte/Intermission to extend the playing time. It just barely fit on the 3 hr DVD I was making (that machine will go to 185 max). I don't have it handy in order to answer about the very opening.