Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Misbehavior Of TCM.COM

Palmerin

Once again TCM keeps rejecting on the following day the passwords that it gave me the day before. What must I do to get a REAL password, please?

Sorry Palmerin, but this can not be done anymore...and since the deaths of both Allen Ludden AND Bert Convy. 

(...sorry, couldn't resist...now, what was your question again???)

Sorry Palmerin, but this can not be done anymore...and since the deaths of both Allen Ludden AND Bert Convy.

(...sorry, couldn't resist...now, what was your question again???)

Is Bert Convy dead? I had no idea; nobody told me. However, I have heard that the equally gifted Gary Collins has passed away too.

I better go and run to check on John Davidson. Haven't heard anything about him recently.

???

"Gifted" isn't a word I've ever associated with BERT CONVY.  "Adequately talented", maybe...

But..."GIFTED"?

And YEAH....JOHN DAVIDSON!  What DID ever become of him?  My ex thought he was GORGEOUS!

Like BOBBY SHERMAN of yore...a good lookin' guy with measurable talent that made a quick sensation for a short time and then just VANISHED.  The girls in my Jr. high classes drooled over him and couldn't WAIT for the next broadcast of "Shindig", knowing he'd likely be ON it.  He was pretty much a regular on that show.

Sepiatone

Is Bert Convy dead? I had no idea; nobody told me. However, I have heard that the equally gifted Gary Collins has passed away too.

I better go and run to check on John Davidson. Haven't heard anything about him recently.

Ask Dargo. In addition to being a gearhead, he is a game show host-head.

Convy died in 1991,   Collins in 2012.       Davidson is still with us. 

• Like 1

???

"Gifted" isn't a word I've ever associated with BERT CONVY. "Adequately talented", maybe...

But..."GIFTED"?

And YEAH....JOHN DAVIDSON! What DID ever become of him? My ex thought he was GORGEOUS!

Like BOBBY SHERMAN of yore...a good lookin' guy with measurable talent that made a quick sensation for a short time and then just VANISHED. The girls in my Jr. high classes drooled over him and couldn't WAIT for the next broadcast of "Shindig", knowing he'd likely be ON it. He was pretty much a regular on that show.

Sepiatone

Sepia-- sometimes when a person uses one word put in quotes that one word

Is meant to be taken in jest--that was my " puerile" intention.

I apologize in that for some reason I forgot to put those quotes in -- it is the kind of thing that if you had heard me talking you would have picked it up by inflection that I was being sarcastic.

But those two ubiquitous gentleman, the late Mr. Convy and the late Mr. Collins certainly had some acting ability and some talent.

BTW-- 8 x 10 glossies like Bobby Sherman and John Davidson never did turn me on and neither one of them had much singing ability either.

But they certainly had their fans.

I always went for the talent - -

my favorites on Shindig were the Righteous Brothers and Billy Preston.

Bobby Sherman was probably at his peak in 1969-1970. Top Ten hit singles, a lead role in a popular tv series, "Here Come The Brides". He was possibly the first solo teen idol since before the arrival of the Beatles. Then, in the fall of 1970, soon after his weekly tv exposure was no more, "The Partridge Family" debuted, and their first single, "I Think I Love You" topping the charts, and soon David Cassidy quickly eclipsed Sherman as The teen idol of the moment. BS had a sitcom in the fall of 1971, but got cancelled after one season, and he had his last Top Forty hit in 1972. David Cassidy was having hit after hit, both as a Partridge and as a.solo singer.

Bobby Sherman was probably at his peak in 1969-1970. Top Ten hit singles, a lead role in a popular tv series, "Here Come The Brides". He was possibly the first solo teen idol since before the arrival of the Beatles. Then, in the fall of 1970, soon after his weekly tv exposure was no more, "The Partridge Family" debuted, and their first single, "I Think I Love You" topping the charts, and soon David Cassidy quickly eclipsed Sherman as The teen idol of the moment. BS had a sitcom in the fall of 1971, but got cancelled after one season, and he had his last Top Forty hit in 1972. David Cassidy was having hit after hit, both as a Partridge and as a.solo singer.

All this talk about Bobby Sherman reminds me of a few albums we had like that way back then.  Here is one of my favorites that he did, I always thought it had a great vibe to it any time of the year.  Attributed to Broadway composer and lyricist team Larry Grossman and Hal HackadyGrossman was later a musical consultant on the television series The Muppet Show (see if you can tell), which he received a Peabody Award forSuch a different approach even to what might have been the most mundane project back in those days.

P.S. this was a promotional item we had, but it looks like it was also released as a single.

• Like 1

Once again TCM keeps rejecting on the following day the passwords that it gave me the day before. What must I do to get a REAL password, please?

Well you are probably getting a temporary password with instructions to reset it to a new one.  Do that and it should remain permanent.

Next time you get the new password, read the email or notice very closely.

p.s. I have no idea whey no one else tried to answer your question 

Hey, now I have a question here...

I've recently purchased a new laptop, however I'm not sure what this website shows as my email address, as I THINK I might have changed it since I originally signed into and became a member of this site.

And so, where do I find my email shown within my profile around here, as I would think I need to know this and make it's the present one, and because once I quit using this old laptop and begin to use the new one, I'll need to sign into this site again using new laptop, and I need to make sure when I do and use the "forget your password"(and which I have) I need to make sure the TCM function which sends you a new temporary password KNOWS what my latest email address actually is now days...RIGHT?!!!

(...and so, bottom line here...does anybody here know where to access their email address within their personal profile, 'cause I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE!!!)

Hey, now I have a question here...

I've recently purchased a new laptop, however I'm not sure what this website shows as my email address, as I THINK I might have changed it since I originally signed into and became a member of this site.

And so, where do I find my email shown within my profile around here, as I would think I need to know this and make it's the present one, and because once I quit using this old laptop and begin to use the new one, I'll need to sign into this site again using new laptop, and I need to make sure when I do and use the "forget your password"(and which I have) I need to make sure the TCM function which sends you a new temporary password KNOWS what my latest email address actually is now days...RIGHT?!!!

(...and so, bottom line here...does anybody here know where to access their email address within their personal profile, 'cause I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE!!!)

From your name at the top, select My Profile > Edit My Profile > Email & Password > scroll down and you should see your current email with the option to change.

I could tell you how to do other things on that page, but then I'd have to kill you.

:P

Oh BTW.. your new laptop doesn't happen to be one of these, does it..?

4Ii6CW9.jpg

From your name at the top, select My Profile > Edit My Profile > Email & Password > scroll down and you should see your current email with the option to change.

I could tell you how to do other things on that page, but then I'd have to kill you.

:P

Oh BTW.. your new laptop doesn't happen to be one of these, does it..?

4Ii6CW9.jpg

LOL

Nope, it doesn't.

And, thanks for the help here!

(...yep, I don't care WHAT they're sayin' about you around here, I THINK you're swell, Kid!) ;)

LOL

Maybe I'm doin' somethin' wrong here Kid, but I don't see my current email address anywhere on that page you prompted me to. All I see are empty boxes in which one can change their email address and their password, but ONLY if seems if you remember your current password.

However, in order to reset your password using that page you must first have to type in your current password, and once again, I don't remember it, AND if I DO sign out(I've set it all this time to remember me and my computer every time I visit this place and bug all you people) I'm afraid I won't be able to get back in around here 'cause the email address they'll use to send me my new temporary password MIGHT be my old one, 'cause once again I can NOT see the email address TCM shows me having.

(...so, I guess I still need some help here...ya think maybe I should contact the people around here who when they see some of the words people type in their postings and then like some old cranky biddy when they see those words get all bent out of shape and replace 'em with those asterisks..ahem..I mean the moderators, LOL, and before going any further here???)

Are you sayin' your page doesn't look like this one..? If that's the case, you're gonna haf'ta PM our moderator. You may haf'ta do that anyway to get another password. Ya see..? Now this is why I don't ever use the handy dandy 'Remember Me', 'cause if I don't use my password daily I'll forget it.

You should write down your new information and send it to yourself Certified Mail Adult Signature Required. Upon arrival, go to your bank and rent a Safety Deposit Box - put that thing in it and don't lose the key!

;)

UK9WJUb.jpg

Are you sayin' your page doesn't look like this one..? If that's the case, you're gonna haf'ta PM our moderator. You may haf'ta do that anyway to get another password. Ya see..? Now this is why I don't ever use the handy dandy 'Remember Me', 'cause if I don't use my password daily I'll forget it.

UK9WJUb.jpg

Oh...Crap!!!

HEY! How 'bout them Cubs?! Think they might finally go all the way this year???

(...the preceding was offered up solely in efforts to change the subject here...and 'cause dummy here looked RIGHT past where it showed my current email address)  :wacko:

LOL

Thanks again, Kid...as I just said you're swell...and once again NO MATTER what everybody else says around here!!!) ;)

Oh...Crap!!!

HEY! How 'bout them Cubs?! Think they might finally go all the way this year???

(...the preceding was offered up solely in efforts to change the subject here...and 'cause dummy here looked RIGHT past where it showed my current email address)  :wacko:

LOL

Thanks again, Kid...as I just said you're swell...and once again NO MATTER what everybody else says around here!!!) ;)

You had me looking over my shoulder for Rod Serling... that was a close one.

;)

uvQKZcr.jpg

• Like 1

You had me looking over my shoulder for Rod Serling... that was a close one.

;)

2981312_orig.jpg

"Submitted for your approval...one Mr. Dargo. An otherwise observant man, but who occasionally seems to have a little difficulty seeing things right in front of his nose."

;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings