Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wheel123

TCM Review - The Adventures of Marco Polo (1938) gary cooper

first off, im not a real big fan of gary cooper. famous for many films, high noon being 1 of his top films, i just dont really care for him. although ive probably only seen about 8-10 of his movies.

back to The Adventures of Marco Polo (1938).

this film i enjoyed. i also think gary cooper did a fairly good job with his character. i wish there was a little more action, but oh well. basil rathbone, a bad guy, was ok in this movie, the best part being him impatient waiting for his bride to be stalling on wedding vows.

sigrid gurie played the princess, and played the part well only because she spoke in 'strained' english, which im guessing was for her part. alan hale sr, the gilligans skipper, did a good job. he really wanted to cheat on his wife, lol. the other character actors were nothing memorable.

its not the greatest movie but it moved along well. kidnapping, deceit, and a short war battle at the end keeps the story-line solid, but it has typical 1930's acting.

on a watch scale of 1-5, i give this movie a 3.5

alan hale sr, the gilligans skipper, did a good job.

No, that was the Skipper's father. They did look amazingly alike at the same ages.

hi, i knew that, just forgot the word father, lol. i wanted to correct after i hit enter, but i cant find how you can edit your post after submitting. any ideas how?

i like alan hale sr in the old movies, i think he was a good actor in every part ive ever seen him in.

just to name a few i remember, hotel berlin, destination tokyo, gentleman jim, sante fe trail, they drive by night and of course robin hood. he was real good in dodge city

thanks for pointing out my error, and i agree, the skipper sure looked like little john