Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LUCKY STAR (1929). Tonight on TCM in Prime-time!

gagman66

Airing at 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central. This outstanding film is very rarely broadcast. A story that will charm, as well as move you to tears. We are fortunate to have this movie, considered lost for decades. The first time it's has been shown in several years. Print quality is stunning! Transferred from near flawless nitrate. I only wish that STREET ANGEL survived in nearly as good a shape.

13902552_10210568286393616_6002793565647

13900227_10210568284633572_3616798455950
  • Like 6

It looks very nice, but, for me, this score is an abomination.  Maybe I'm a little picky about such things, but I was spoiled by hearing Philip Carli on piano when it was shown at Cinevent a few years ago.

Such a great movie!  May be my favorite of the Gaynor/Farrell pairings.  Glad to see TCM showing silents in prime time.

• Like 2

I was upset that we didn't get Seventh Heaven which I have wanted to see for so long but I ended up really loving this so I guess not bad substitution (still hope to see Seventh Heaven one day on TCM).

But as for Lucky Star; Gaynor & Farrell really had such beautiful chemistry and the camera work was magical.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings