Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's in a name?

Arturo

Since like the movies, it seems to be the silly season here on the boards, with all these inane threads started and getting traction......well here's another one. So all you moths who can't help yourselves, come to the flame......

At one of my first jobs, when I was a teenager, there was a drop-dead gorgeous girl, a should-a been a model, who also worked there. Her name was Angela Hunter, or Angie Hunter, as we knew her. She looked like a young, more beautiful version of Lauren Bacall, and I remember thinking (daydreaming?) she could be a movie star. Not only that, but she already had a movie-star sounding name.

Years later, at another employment, there was a male coworker, who I thought also had a movie star-sounding name, Blake Madison. However, he didn't look it, short, squat, very unattractive; nothing connoting a movie star other than that name.

My question is, knowing that the Archibald Leaches, and the Splangler Arlington Brughs,.etc. did not become famous as such, do you know of anybody that you feel has a name that could make it as a movie star's? And does the rest of that person strike you as potentially so?

Uh-huh, this "moth" HERE has gotcha one I think, Arturo!

This coworker of mine back in the day who looked JUST like(I'm tellin' ya, JUST like) actress JoAnna Cameron(pictured below), and perhaps best remembered as one of Rock Hudson's "Pretty Maids All in a Row" (1971), and later on the '70s as the title character on Saturday morning's "Isis" program(yeah, that's right...way before those idiots in the Middle East and elsewhere would make that ancient Egyptian goddess's name synonymous with thoughts of horrific actions instead)...

077.jpg

...well, anyway, the name of this beautiful coworker of mine who looked JUST like JoAnna Cameron was "Meg Archer".

(...so, whaddaya think, dude?...like IT?!)

• Like 1

Dargo, good example......I can see that name on marquees (do they still have those?!), and if your description of her looks are as you say, she could've commanded a.legion of followers, and I don't mean of the modern day Isis kind.

• Like 1

Uh-huh, this "moth" HERE has gotcha one I think, Arturo!

This coworker of mine back in the day who looked JUST like(I'm tellin' ya, JUST like) actress JoAnna Cameron(pictured below), and perhaps best remembered as one of Rock Hudson's "Pretty Maids All in a Row" (1971), and later on the '70s as the title character on Saturday morning's "Isis" program(yeah, that's right...way before those idiots in the Middle East and elsewhere would make that ancient Egyptian goddess's name synonymous with thoughts of horrific actions instead)...

077.jpg

...well, anyway, the name of this beautiful coworker of mine who looked JUST like JoAnna Cameron was "Meg Archer".

(...so, whaddaya think, dude?...like IT?!)

Whose Meg Archer?

Whose Meg Archer?

You mean "Who's Meg Archer?", Rip? ("whose" is a possessive pronoun, and whereas "who's" is a contraction of "who is"...sorry, couldn't resist bein' the English teacher here, dude) ;)

Meg Archer was an airline coworker of mine back in the day, and a beautiful woman who's..ahem, I mean whose name and visage came to me after Arturo asked the question he did in this thread of his. Nope, otherwise she wouldn't be anybody you'd know.

(...well, that is unless she might have checked you in for your flight leaving LAX at the Hughes Airwest ticket counter back in the 1970s, anyway) ;)

• Like 1

I never knew Dargo was a stewardess.

LOL

Oh YEAH, Fedya! You should've SEEN me back then in those hot pants asking the passengers if they'd like "coffee, tea or me?", and back when air travel was considered "glamorous"!!!

;)

(...actually, I never worked any "inflight" jobs...was always a ground service employee...first "throwing bags" on aircraft as a "rampy", and then later on as a customer service employee...that means at the ticket counter and the boarding gates...yep, my airline "career" would encompass all those years when before the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 people would actually dress up and be presentable while flying on an airliner, and through to THESE days where the majority of air-travelers look and dress like your average WALMART shopper!!!)

It's easier to deal with the TSA's ineffective rapescans and the rest of the security theater if you're dressed casually.

Regarding classic movies, I love the scene in The High and the Mighty when the guy shoots off his gun in the plane and then, after he calms down, they give the gun back to him.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings