Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weeping scenes

Pomeria

I assume this isn't confined to just actresses' tears here, Pomeria.

And if it isn't, I'll now suggest THIS guy here when he tearfully intones one Christmas Eve the following...

5a495a399f6dffbfc25dc5f304db5fa2.jpg

"Dear God in Heaven, if you're up there, show me the way."

...and then later that night...

maxresdefault.jpg" Please! I wanna live again. I wanna live again. Please, God, let me live again."

(...and trust me here, I'm not religious in the least, BUT Jimmy's tears get mine going every year I watch him in this movie)

• Like 5

Doris Day is my favorite " crier" in the movies. She never seemed to be acting and you could understand every word she was saying--although she never missed a sob. She was truly a genuine artist.

My favorite crying scene for her was in Young at Heart when she was telling Frank Sinatra that she was going to have a baby, but she didn't know if he could hear.

Because he was in a coma from having tried to commit suicide on Christmas Eve.

That was definitely my kind of movie!

I assume this isn't confined to just actresses' tears here, Pomeria.

And if it isn't, I'll now suggest THIS guy here when he tearfully intones one Christmas Eve the following...

5a495a399f6dffbfc25dc5f304db5fa2.jpg

"Dear God in Heaven, if you're up there, show me the way."

I agree, Dargo. That moment in the bar, with George Bailey at the end of his rope as he prays to God, is an extraordinary moment in great screen acting. The desperation and vulnerability that Stewart brings to that scene made him more than worthy of an Oscar nomination that year. That is the scene of Capra's best remembered film that moves me more than any other.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings