Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Review = Maisie Was a Lady (1941) ann sothern

wheel123

although this is my least favorite maisie film so far, it still was a good watch.

ann sothern stays true to maisie style as a woman who has a job, and lew ayres a drunk rich guy gets her fired. as he tries to make up for it, he gets her arrested and in turn is forced to hire maisie as a maid. the film includes kind of lame romance, funny conversations, a goofy drunk, friendship, and even a suicide attempt.

sothern does a great job at maisie, with a great speech near the end condemning the family. lew ayres played a goofy drunk which was bad acting to me but when he acted sober, he was in a great part acting. tarzans maureen o'sullivan did a ok job at the meek sister, and the father and boyfriend were no big deal. the person who surprised me in a part was c aubrey smith, the main butler, a old old guy who was doing great at acting his part.

on my scale of 1-5, i give this a prejudicial 4 because i enjoy the series, but for you have never seen a 3

Archived