Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two of the four "Bad girls" (1994) have been TCM hosts, the other two haven't (yet).

It has recently occurred to me that two of the four "Bad girls" (1994) have been TCM hosts.  Madeleine Stowe, who was the star of this 1994 film, has been both a TCM guest programmer and a TCM guest host.    Drew Barrymore, who was one of the other three female leads, was the co-host of "TCM's Essentials" for two years.:   

The only two "Bad girls" stars who have not yet been TCM hosts, to my knowledge, are Andie MacDowell and Mary Stuart Masterson.   I wonder if either of them would consider being guest hosts, and how they would be at it.    I've seen both of them interviewed over the years, and they seem to have good, down-to-earth, and grounded demeanors - which could be assets for a TCM guest host.    

I think Andie MacDowell would make a great guest host. I'd also like to see an evening of romantic comedies from the 90s which feature her. TCM sort of acts like Meryl Streep and Emma Thompson (whom I adore) are the only female movie stars of note during the 90s...but Andie frequently worked in an under appreciated genre and certainly made her mark. She's wonderful in GREEN CARD and FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.

• Like 2

I wonder if either of them would consider being guest hosts, and how they would be at it. 

Many actors have thinner skin appearing as themselves than when they portray a charactor in a movie reading someone else's lines.

Anyone reading this message board's comments on guest programmers would run screaming from the "opportunity" to have their make up, hair, clothing, footwear, nail polish picked apart by this mob of "critics".

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings