Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
janethanner

AOL et.al. & pedophilia

I couldn't believe the "historical segment" you aired tonight (6/29/03) with the interview from some old Hollywood cad before your airing of Clash of the Titans shortly before 10:00pm. During this fond reminiscence, some archaic creep laughed about how a young Elizabeth Taylor, "no more than 13 (heavy breath, heavy breath) at the time" had a pet chipmunk that ran down her cleavage and out through the arm of her shirt during a photo-shoot. This person then said, laughingly, that Herman Mankiewicz stated "I sure wish I were that chipmunk."

What the bejazus were you creeps thinking when you aired this? Some dirty old man laughing about his stories of "glorious" Hollywood's child molestation and rape fantasies is about as morally low as you can get. That was his punchline too--"I sure wish I were that chipmunk." End of your vignette--like we're supposed to laugh at that with the creep.

I was originally disappointed that you ran the great Harryhausen movies late at night because my kids wouldn't be able to see them. After hearing a comment like this, however, I won't be letting my kids watch anything you creeps show for fear of the gratuitous "moral" commentary you artificially have to impose between showings of great movies. My wife and I won't be watching your network anymore either--we'd rather just rent our old favorites now and just give someone else our money.

Mankiewicz was a bitter man who spent the majority of his life trying to claim he was the genius of Welles in fits of Oedipal jealousy. Ted Turner is a bitter lasissez-faire Jew-hating capitalist who can even turn an Irish Catholic's stomach like mine. Do you really think you can publicize pedophilia and have no one take the time to call you on it? I certainly hope none of you have kids, for their sake.

I agree with you. That was a really disgusting. And for TCM to air it was disgusting. I'd like to who the idiot was who made the decision to air that. I don't think I've heard anything quite like that on TCM. They don't have anything to be proud of. Poor judgement guys.

Nobody wants to hear a crusty old puke talk like that, but equally annoying are these "one-post whiners" that we've seen several of around here lately.

I certainly agree with your rant up till the Ted Turner bashing. I remember seeing this **** old geezer's clip a while back and thought that it was pretty perverted too, but you spun a perfectly reasonable rant into a way to bash Ted Turner. It seemed like you had another agenda when making this post.

The Ted Turner bashing is stupid. As far as TCM showing it, I dont see why they shouldn't show the clip. It gives us insight into how old hollywood worked. Even Shirley Temple could not escape the lecherous eyes of a studio head when she was a young teen. Also let's not forget the underage concept was not as stringent in the olden days.

What is offensive is having to see a movie like My Father the Hero on some UHF station or basic cable channel where we have to see this young brat in a thong and pretending that her dad is her boyfriend.

Oh Boo-Hoo. I think you carried your post too far. To blame TCM for the morality of Hollywood is ridiculous!

Didn't you think that maybe that old codger wasn't so old at the time the film was made?

Good God, what next? If a viewer turns onto to TCM, they shouldn't expect a censored interview on camera made decades ago by someone who was just being honest. Our shocked viewer might want to try 20th Century Fox Movie Channel. They've just deleted all showings of their beautifully restored Charlie Chan movies. Why? Because an Asian pressure group said the Chan movies portrayed Asians in a bigoted way. You'd think these Asian groups would be thrilled to see one of them portrayed with so much class, charm and wit. Chan certainly didn't come off as a "buck-toothed stereotype"--as one of the protestors charged--to me. The outraged viewer might also enjoy AMC these days. They own all the rights to the Lil' Rascals and Our Gang comedies but 47 of the episodes are locked up and will never be shown? Why? Because pressure groups said Buckwheat was shown as being "clumsy" and turned into a "figure of fun." Strange, but I thought that was the point of these comedy shorts. Everyone was supposed to be figures of fun.

Two words to janethanner - LIGHTEN UP!!!!!

And to Paty, I agree with you about the Charlie Chan films - I wrote Fox Movies a LONG e-mail about that crap! People should be looking at the Charlie Chan films as well as this "clip" of an old perverted man from a HISTORICAL perspective. We all know that it is the year 2003, and things have come a long way socially and politically from the old days of Hollywood. I can't believe that anyone would critisize what TCM shows, much less a CLIP from one of their brilliant documentaries, as compared to the immoral garbage that is flooding our society from today's entertainment industry. Let's weigh things out here - any idiot can plainly see that TCM's programming is both sophisticated AND family-oriented. So anyone who let's one clip from a documentary bother them is clearly too small minded to fully enjoy TCM in the first place.