Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Attend A Film Festival! (you wont regret it)

Yes, that's the place! Our irreplaceable host passed away on April 30, 2011 but we're carrying on the weekly film screenings as we know he would want us to. 

Janet 0312, were you a friend of his, and did you come to the movie nights?

I'm Sam.

We get together every Sunday evening for a night of films, starting about 8 P.M. and usually a card game or two afterwards (and sometimes before too). Traditionally we start with a serial chapter, then a feature, then assorted shorts (one of our guys has a great collection of shorts, mostly comedies). We meet at the home of a friend with a big film collection who started the tradition way back in the 1960's. He passed away in April of 2011 but we carry on with the same gang and utilizing his collection which his widow is keeping intact. Not only is it a great experience to see films projected on a real screen by a real film projector (no video/DVD) but many of our films are rarities we know we'll never see on TV or home video. 

B l a c k i e was quite taken with all the movie stuff you used to bring him. He used to wonder where in the world you ever found that stuff, especially on Cape Cod. LOL!

B l a c k i e was quite taken with all the movie stuff you used to bring him. He used to wonder where in the world you ever found that stuff, especially on Cape Cod. LOL!

Cape Cod? But as I said earlier I was from Wayland when I first got to know him, then Marlborough for a while, and Framingham now.

• 1 year later...

I did..and don't regret it! In fact, I went to the TCM Film Festival April of '17 and to Cinecon 53 just this last Labor Day holiday in LA. I am now officially addicted!! Have seen classic movies on the big screen over the years at one-off events and here in Las Vegas we have the "Cinemark Classic" at the Cinemark, but seeing film after film from actual prints was the best. i encourage all to save money and make it to an actual classic movie festival.

• Like 1