Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fyvush Finkel (1922-2016)

jakeem

Actor Fyvush Finkel, who starred in the television dramas "Picket Fences" and "Boston Public," has died at the age of 93. The Brooklyn-born character actor, whose career began in the Yiddish theater, won a 1993-1994 Primetime Emmy Award as Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his appearances as attorney Douglas Wambaugh in "Picket Fences."

fyfush-finkel-20th-century-fox-b-promo.j

Created by writer and producer David E. Kelley, "Picket Fences" -- the story of life in a small Wisconsin town -- aired on CBS from 1992 to 1996. After the series ended, Kelley selected Finkel to play the irrepressible high school history teacher Harvey Lipschultz in "Boston Public," which ran on the FOX Network from 2000 to 2004.

Among his film credits: the screen version of Neil Simon's stage play "Brighton Beach Memoirs" (1986); Oliver Stone's "Nixon" (1995, in the role of the 37th president's longtime crony Murray Chotiner); and the Coen Brothers' "A Serious Man" (2009).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/08/15/character-actor-fyvush-finkel-dead-at-93/88759446/

• Like 2

Actor Fyvush Finkel, who starred in the television dramas "Picket Fences" and "Boston Public," has died at the age of 93. The Brooklyn-born character actor, whose career began in the Yiddish theater, won a 1993-1994 Primetime Emmy Award as Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his appearances as attorney Douglas Wambaugh in "Picket Fences."

fyfush-finkel-20th-century-fox-b-promo.j

Created by writer and producer David E. Kelley, "Picket Fences" -- the story of life in a small Wisconsin town -- aired on CBS from 1992 to 1996. After the series ended, Kelley selected Finkel to play the irrepressible high school history teacher Harvey Lipschultz in "Boston Public," which ran on the FOX Network from 2000 to 2004.

Among his film credits: the screen version of Neil Simon's stage play "Brighton Beach Memoirs" (1986); Oliver Stone's "Nixon" (1995, in the role of the 37th president's longtime crony Murray Chotiner); and the Coen Brothers' "A Serious Man" (2009).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/08/15/character-actor-fyvush-finkel-dead-at-93/88759446/

I was lucky enough to get to see him in "Little Shop of Horrors" Off Broadway way back in the day.  He was awesome and will be missed.

I am ashamed to admit I never heard of Fyvush or knew he existed until today.  I never saw a single play or film that he done.      He must have been very accomplished back in the day so I offer my condolences.  Olov hasholem.  May he rest in peace.            

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings